Kicker Speakers in a 2002 WRX?

This is a discussion on Kicker Speakers in a 2002 WRX? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I am looking to upgrade my sound system in my wrx currently I have a stock set up. I have ...

Kicker Speakers in a 2002 WRX?

I am looking to upgrade my sound system in my wrx currently I have a stock set up. I have a kicker l7 i am putting in i am looking to get a new faceplate(have a good idea on which one) and i am going to upgrade the 4 speakers and 2 tweeter.

I was thinking of getting ks525 for the front (mids and tweets) and then ks400 for the back. Will these fit I have heard the mounting depth is an issue in wrx's. If NOT what should i get? I listen to a lot of music...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Everyone's ears are different; what sounds good to one, may not do it for another. Make a mix of genres you'd listen to, take it to a car audio store, and play it through their setups. This won't give a 100% representation of how it'd sound (car acoustics are different), but it will give you a good idea; the only better way is to sit in a car with XX stereo setup, but that's not always feasible for the broad range of options.

In general, the rear speakers should be the last thing on your upgrade list. They are mainly fill, and you'd be better off spending that money elsewhere (better front components, better H/U, etc.).

While Kicker isn't a poor brand, there are better options for your money.

If you're looking for a decent stereo setup while on a budget, do the following:
    H/U
    6.5" components (front)
    OE rear speakers
    4-channel amp (1/2 for the components, 3/4 bridged for the sub)
    Subwoofer
    Selective sound deadening
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

One of the reasons i am looking to upgrade is there is static everywhere. Where as in my other cars there isn't any static. Will a new H/U help this? Also just out of curiosity would the speakers i listed fit?