Anyone install 6.5" speakers in the front doors of your 2011 WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone install 6.5" speakers in the front doors of your 2011 WRX? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Which speakers are fitting? And how much work is it to get them to fit? Thank you....

Anyone install 6.5" speakers in the front doors of your 2011 WRX?

Which speakers are fitting? And how much work is it to get them to fit?

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With a 3/4" thick MDF ring, you can fit just about any 6.5 speaker. I actually went with a 7" (Dayton RS180)

How much room do you have between the speaker and the inside of the door panel with the spacer installed?

At least an inch. I could stack two 3/4" rings if I used a speaker that needed more depth. What driver are you looking to use?

I installed 6.5 inch Alpines in the front and back doors no problem. I used the mounting brackets that the stock speakers used.

Looking at the Polk MM-6501.

I too used Alpine 6.5"s in all 4 doors. I chose R series (component set w/ separate tweeters) in the front and S series coaxials in rear. The fronts were pretty deep; my install shop had to really be careful with the spacers to clear the fronts and still allow the windows to open. Works great! They sound fantastic (powered by a Rockford Fosgate).

Jer
    2008 4-Door WRX in Dark Gray Metallic

I have made a lot of spacer rings for people wanting to mount the Polk db6501 components or db651 coaxials in the doors. The 3/4" adapter/spacer will work for either speaker and has more than enough room to fit behind the door panel without extended door pins. You just screw the adapter to the door, screw the speaker to the adapter, and close it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SubBro1 View Post
    Its alot of work let me tell you, But i did it!
    I wouldn't call it a lot of work. With spacers/adapters it is 7 screws...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.