Subaru WRX Forum banner

How accurate is the Crutchfield fit guide?

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  phenryiv1 
#1 ·
When I enter my car to check for component speakers systems that will fit I get 2………really?, only 2 will fit.

I find it hard to believe that only 2 systems will fit.

I would appreciate any opinions.

#2 ·
about 90% .. I've gotten parts that were said to fit and were no where near close without some serious re-working.

That said, anything can fit.. how much work do you want to put into it?

#3 ·
about 90% ..
I would have to agree. I bought a Clarion headunit for my wrx. Then decided to use alpine instead, So instead of selling it. I figured i would put it in my wifes jeep. Crutchfield said it wouldnt fit. They said the dash wasnt deep enought. I tried it anyways, needless to say they were wrong. It fit perfectly. Also some other speakers will fit may take alittle work to get them in there. They say the one kind of alpine 5.25 will not fit in the rear doors of my car. I have yet to install them. I did a trial fitting one day and with very little work (Making my own spacer, a very little trim,and mounting them on the inside of the door) They will fit. It all depends on how much work you want to do. Like said before.

#4 ·
I'll agree with 90% as well. My detachable face double-DIN from Crutchfield techically fit but the face wouldn't flip open or detach. :screwy: Dremel + sandpaper solved that problem.

As for the speakers, they might be excluding anything with a tweeter that won't directly replace the stock ones. Or the woofer won't fit with their POS door adapters. I really wouldn't worry about it if you or any of your friends have any installation experience.

#5 ·
Crutchfield does not have good adapters in their stock, so thye will only recommend speakers that fit without adapters and with drilling new mounting holes into the doors. A set of 3/4" adapters will open you up to just about any 6.5" or 6.75" speaker on the market.

I have made adapters to fit up to 5.75" cutout diameter. Most 6.5"/6.75" speakers need a diameter of 5-5.5" cutout.

Crutchfield also believes that there can be no tweeter protrusion, thugh I cannot figure out why.

Long story short, just post up and ask if you need to know if it will fit. Just link to the specifications when you do so. Make it easy for us to help you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.