Lets see them Subs in the trunk!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lets see them Subs in the trunk!! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by mangostick if your local guys can build you a from scratch enclosure as solid and as nice ...

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    if your local guys can build you a from scratch enclosure as solid and as nice as the AI pieces.. for LESS.... I'd be really surprised. To one off a enclosure that looks/works/mounts as nice as the AI piece just the man hours alone would get you close to the AI price. Dunno man.. its your call and your wallet. I snapped mine up used for $200. Search around.. they're out there for cheap second hand.
    If he's doing a 10W7, I don't know if that box is strong enough or is deep enough for the size of the sub magnet, they recommend 1" MDF for the enclosure and they are something like 10" deep.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    If he's doing a 10W7, I don't know if that box is strong enough or is deep enough for the size of the sub magnet, they recommend 1" MDF for the enclosure and they are something like 10" deep.
    Ya there would be no way in hell lol, an 8W7 might fit. biggest you could do would be 12W6, Maybe a 13W6..

Trunk

Sub box
    For Parts, Fast Shipping, Good Prices, Good Customer Service Please Visit: WWW.JSCSPEED.COM 215-489-2820
    272.1awhp/240tq

Very clean setup man.

Quote Originally Posted by DreksSTI View Post
    Very clean setup man.
    Thanks. I forgot to mention its a 12, but you could do something similar with a different size.
    For Parts, Fast Shipping, Good Prices, Good Customer Service Please Visit: WWW.JSCSPEED.COM 215-489-2820
    272.1awhp/240tq

Made this a few months back

2011 Subaru WRX SWP Sedan
    1999 Honda Prelude GT30R 345whp - sold

Nice setup. I like the little locks to hold the box as well.

I'll try to get pics up soon-

I put a JL PowerWedge with 2 10"s in it in my 08 sedan trunk. Laid down on its back it fits nicely up on the "hump," but with the trunk liner, it likes to slide rearward. I fixed this by screwing two steel strap guides to the front corners of the sub enclosure, and then running 1" wide nylon webbing through the rear sides of the brackets the rear seats attach to when in the upright position. It's slick, strong, and cost about $8. I like mods like that! Lol

Jer
    2008 4-Door WRX in Dark Gray Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sleader View Post

I put a JL PowerWedge with 2 10"s in it in my 08 sedan trunk. Laid down on its back it fits nicely up on the "hump," but with the trunk liner, it likes to slide rearward. I fixed this by screwing two steel strap guides to the front corners of the sub enclosure, and then running 1" wide nylon webbing through the rear sides of the brackets the rear seats attach to when in the upright position. It's slick, strong, and cost about $8. I like mods like that! Lol

Jer
    Haha sounds good bro, Awaiting pics..

So wheres the pics Darth sleader

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sleader View Post

Jer
    Pictures please! I am thinking of running a similar setup

Ok, here are a few pics.

Pic of where the sub (a JL PowerWedge with 2 10s) sits on the "hump" in the trunk:

Here's a pic of the nylon 1" strap passing through the rear seat bracket:

And here's a closeup of the metal strap guide I screwed into each side of the sub enclosure:

My shopping list was the strap pack which included 10' of black nylon web strap and 2 cam-lock buckles, 2 steel strap guides, and 4 3/4" pan head stainless steel screws. The job took about 30 minutes and cost about $8. It's been in there all summer and the straps haven't even needed to be tightened. The sub can come out in seconds if I need the space.

Jer
    2008 4-Door WRX in Dark Gray Metallic

Thanks for the pictures! Gives me alot of good ideas on positioning my subwoofer

Subs:

Bass amp:

Highs amp:

I Support ClubWRX
    Audio Integrations 10" box with a Polk Momo MM2104DVC and Alpine MRP450

Last edited by Donkey; 08-31-2011 at 10:43 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast