For those who have replaced door speakers/tweeters...

This is a discussion on For those who have replaced door speakers/tweeters... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; …what did you find inside the doors? Is there a separate crossover or is it built in the HU, or ...

For those who have replaced door speakers/tweeters...

…what did you find inside the doors? Is there a separate crossover or is it built in the HU, or part of the main door speaker? How deep are the main (front) speakers?

Just trying to get some info how things are wired before taking things apart.

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Ehh.. I just ripped out everything that was there and installed my own stuff. I couldn't have cared less what Subaru had in there, it was all crap.. including the wiring.

get a new headunit and a sub+ amp first then go on to speakers imho. If your replacing the speakers u gotta re wire everything and get all new amps and such.. its a process.
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

The crossover is built into the main speaker (I have a 2011 WRX). As for how deep I am unsure, but if you use the mounting brackets that come with the car it's probably not an issue. The speakers I put in had a mounting depth of 2 and 3/8 inches and they probably could have been a bit longer.
    Last edited by TragSifarin; 07-20-2011 at 07:30 AM.