How do I plugs it in?? (basslink)

This is a discussion on How do I plugs it in?? (basslink) within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey guys, I just picked up a 2003 WRX Wagon recently. It's got the stock headunit and an Infinity Basslink ...

How do I plugs it in?? (basslink)

Hey guys, I just picked up a 2003 WRX Wagon recently. It's got the stock headunit and an Infinity Basslink in the back, and the basslink doesn't put out any sound at all.

It's all wired up, power comes on with the radio, but the two rca(?) cables are just hanging out behind the stock headunit. There's nowhere I can see to plug them in.

I'm guessing the PO had an aftermarket headunit he kept, and threw the stock back in this thing. But is there a way I can plug the basslink into the stock headunit? An adapter or sumptin?

Thanks, peace, and love.

-Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You might need a line-out converter. I know that's needed to run other subs off the OE H/U; I don't know about the Basslink
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yes indeed, line out converter would work. Best Buy carries them but not usually on the shelf, have to go to the install bay. Not sure if autozone or others would have it.

I Support ClubWRX
    General conscensus last I checked was to just run a line output converter (LoC) off of the rear speakers for your signal. It'd work. You can find them pretty easily online.

They are fairly cheap, you can just pick one up and try it. If it works for you, then ya saved yourself getting a new head unit at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Cool I'll go look into it. Hopefully I can just tap in behind the head unit because the rca wires are already ran all the way up there. Now I gotta figure out which color wire is the rear speaker...

Any help there? And thanks so much guys I'm clueless when it comes to car audio.

Check what those RCAs are as there might already be a LOC there. If not, I'm pretty sure the Basslink has a line out converter but...you have to wonder why the previous owner left the Basslink in the car since it would take 30 seconds to remove and they are worth $200.

Good point. I got the LOC so I'm gonna go try it out right now, cross your fingers for me!

Well the local audio shop had a LOC for $20. I didn't want to wait to save $10 so I got it. I ended up pullin the right rear speaker to see which color wires is uses, (red/yellow stripe and blue/yellow stripe), hooked the right side up, but when I looked at the left rear it was the same color wires!! So i took a guess and used the mirror of the right rear (green and tan I think) but it turned out those were the left front.

It works so I'll stick with it for now; didn't get enough uhh t-clips(?) to retry so whatever.

Is it a problem to use right rear and left front lines for the LOC? The basslink sounds fine. It sounds great actually, I'm very pleased with it. Came with the car, so I basically spent $20 and thirty minutes and it's as much bass as I could ever want, and the sound quality is fine.

Anyways, thanks for the help dooders!

Rock on.

Impreza 14-pin radio harness pin-out table

If you use both rear speaker outputs, you'll be able to use your fader to adjust the loudness of the sub.

YAS I was looking for that exact chart. Thanks SVXdc! And it's like you read my mind.... I like a little rear bias in my audio so if I was listening to something with left channel only bass it wouldn't be as loud.

I'm gonna go switch it out right now.