Spacers for front component speakers??

This is a discussion on Spacers for front component speakers?? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi ya'll, I'm trying to get a nice system into my 2004 wrx and the people at the local stereo ...

Spacers for front component speakers??

Hi ya'll,
    I'm trying to get a nice system into my 2004 wrx and the people at the local stereo install place are telling me that even a 0.5" spacer for the front component speaker will cause the speaker to hit the panel-cover (stock grille).

I'm looking for some insight here. I'm willing to shop around for new speakers, but I"d like to get boston acoustics pro 60 se sppeakers in there. They are 2-3/8" mounting depth stock and I have been told that without a spacer they will interfere with the window.

I don't want window interference.

My main question is basically to ask what spacer depths have ya'll been able to use where the speaker, when in use, does not hit the door panel. I read in one thread that a person recommended a 0.75" spacer, but that contradicts what the local installer said he had just looked at (on a wrx prior to mine last week).

I'd just like to get a good idea as to what I can expect.

On another note, I read in a thread that people were able to put 6.5" speakers in the rear doors, but they did not mention how. I'm curious if that is a simple adapter plate install or if there is more to it, like spacers and crap as well.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Last edited by 8-bit; 07-11-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: added car year

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm pretty sure my spacers are .75"
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I need to check how deep my spacers are. The rubber surround on my Infinity's did contact the inside of the door panel, but after about 10 minutes worth of shaving with a utility knife the problem was solved.