08 oem radio in an 06 wrx

This is a discussion on 08 oem radio in an 06 wrx within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I want a radio with an aux plug and I think the 08s have one.....I would get a single din ...

Smile 08 oem radio in an 06 wrx

I want a radio with an aux plug and I think the 08s have one.....I would get a single din but I like the stock look so just wondering if anyone knows if this will fit in my 06 wrx flush.....heres the link:

2008 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI OEM CLARION CD PLAYER GR8 | eBay

this is what Im looking at

Thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump

There's a thread on NASIOC about radio compatibility between model years. IIRC some 08's share the same plug layout as the '06. There may be minor trimming of the console involved to make it fit. I'm drawing a blank on the thread name...
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Thanks A lot buddy I'll check it out!

I don't know why you'd want that. I got a JVC double din for my '04 WRX and it was VERY nice (front panel aux AND USB port with full tag reading and display (I think I used the CD player on it twice since the USB port meant hundreds of discs of music equivalent in a tiny thumb sized micro-USB drive), quality amplifier and neat spectrum analyzer effects with a really slick chrome finish that looked pretty good mounted and it fit like stock. I think it was only around $150 brand spanking new.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

I just really like the stock look.....Ive heard of putting an aux plug in the fm plug in the back of the radio....but Ive also heard that the sound quality is pretty bad.....Checked out nasioc looking for that thread on cross body style fitments but no such luck...also because I got caught up looking at the unique mod thread which was really cool.