2011 WRX Bluetooth Mic - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Bluetooth Mic within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by Igor103 On the steering wheel you have those controls on the left, one does volume, another mic ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor103 View Post
    On the steering wheel you have those controls on the left, one does volume, another mic level.

When I bought the car it was set to "1", according to people i was talking with it sounded like s*!t too
    Hrm! That is good news and would explain why I have to shout into it. I will have to check that out. Thanks a lot.

...Sucker is still a pile of garbage and will be replaced by an alpine/pioneer eventually =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You didn't buy the car for its blue teeth, admit it.
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

I Support ClubWRX
    You didn't buy the car for its blue teeth, admit it.
    We used to have a 96 outback. I knew when I saw the Subaru badge that the rattles would overpower the stock head unit =P.

Thanks for the tip though. I forgot to try it out, but I will and follow up with my findings.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know why but my 11 is very quiet, after all I have read i expected a cacophony of noises, but there's almost nothing, occasional knock from a rear seat lock, and some sound on a front right when you start to drive and it goes for about a foot (perhaps its something like Mitsu's "ABS check"), otherwise not much else.

Nothing that a SPT CBE and Group N mounts cannot fix.

Hello NVH
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

dmk
    So now i can consider the person at the dealership who told me that the hole by the keys is the mic a mong?

dear, dear
    Yea, that is definitely not the mic. I don't usually trust the people at dealerships to be especially technically literate (sadly). Even some of the certified mechanics say some weird things now and then.
    Last edited by dmk; 07-10-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    2011 WRX Premium - Torqued Performance Stage 1 tune

dmk
    On the steering wheel you have those controls on the left, one does volume, another mic level.

When I bought the car it was set to "1", according to people i was talking with it sounded like s*!t too
    That's right +/- is volume and < > is mic gain.

I've heard people say that setting the gain too high makes it sound bad too. It amplifies the noise along with everything else. I have mine set around 2 or 3 and it sounds OK, but I'm definitely replacing the head unit real soon and hopefully a better mic will help.

Another thing folks have done is put some sound deadening material in the roof behind the mic to reduce some background noise in there.
    Last edited by dmk; 07-10-2011 at 07:28 AM.

dmk
    I don't know why but my 11 is very quiet, after all I have read i expected a cacophony of noises, but there's almost nothing, occasional knock from a rear seat lock, and some sound on a front right when you start to drive and it goes for about a foot (perhaps its something like Mitsu's "ABS check"), otherwise not much else.

Hello NVH
    That's funny. I read all kinds of posts and how-tos about rattles in these cars. Between my SPT exhaust and playing my stereo loud I don't hear anything.

Then again I do hear a ringing when I shut the engine down.

I Support ClubWRX

Hello NVH
    Coming from my van, even with the goodies on my car, I can carry on a conversation much, much easier in my car now. I couldn't talk to anybody in the back of my van.

...Having the 5th order bungied behind my seat with 300W running through it may have helped.

Back on tangent, I still have to play with this. Not enough people like me enough to call me frequently =P
    2011 STi Build Log

I Support ClubWRX
    There is a plug-and-play BT mic you can put on the area just in front of the steering wheel.

For a long time i had a Jetta with a straight pipe, meaning my exhaust consisted of two parts header and a pipe. There were a few setbacks to that: one - i couldn't hear myself think, two - i would set off car alarms in a 200 yard radius, three - i would wake up the whole neighborhood while going to work at 03:30, and four - there's probably an ozone hole with my name on it. But hey, I'd never use cellphone while driving. Having said that - WRX is a very quiet car.
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.