Gauge Pods... I know, I know....

This is a discussion on Gauge Pods... I know, I know.... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; probably been discussed hundreds of times. It seems that every application I have seen just has no flow to the ...

Gauge Pods... I know, I know....

probably been discussed hundreds of times. It seems that every application I have seen just has no flow to the interior design. Two gauges thrown right in your face in FRONT of your cluster does not appeal to me. Gauge pods on the pillar, not only played out but somewhat dangerous because of airbag deployment (which is arguable) Does anyone not make a nice setup for the 09 ? That little clock cluster up over the radio is a perfect spot if designed correctly. Does any company make them and are they like 300 stupid bucks ? I guess Im just a little pissed and might make my own set-up. If it sparks up some interest I could always make more....

Give me some feed back, positive or negative.

Drive fast, take chances.

---Joe---

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have an 03 wrx so I don't have A pillar air bags so that the route I'm going, I agree its quite played out but like yourself I was stuck on what to do, I did actually make my own with some pvc pipe a dremel and some spray paint, it all fit and was nice but I just couldn't find a clean spot to mount it so I caved in and I'm ordering A pillar pods soon. If you find any other solution let me know.
    "when the turbo spools, it's like you're in a time machine"

If you have a single din stereo, why not try and look into mounting them under there?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Fastwrx.com sells a pod for 2008+ that sits just above the rearview mirror. You might look into that, although I'd imagine you'd have to partially unmount the headliner to run the wires. Something to look at anyway.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

There is a company making the 3 guage "clock pod" and I have also seen a dual guage panel that mounts on the center console where the vents are. The vent openings are made smaller but there is still some air flow.

I have this...SMY ClusterMaker Dual Gauge Pod 52mm Subaru WRX / STI 2008-2011 / Forester XT 2009-2011 at RallySportDirect.com and it doesn't impede your view of the cluster at all. The fitment is spot on and it looks factory.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I have this...SMY ClusterMaker Dual Gauge Pod 52mm Subaru WRX / STI 2008-2011 / Forester XT 2009-2011 at RallySportDirect.com and it doesn't impede your view of the cluster at all. The fitment is spot on and it looks factory.
    +1, same one here.
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I have the SMY cluster too. I absolutely love it. It doesn't block any view of the stock gauges and the finish is 100% a match to stock. It looks OEM.

I get compliments on it all the time. It's exactly what I wanted too, nothing too gaudy and in my face, not too noticeable to others, and matches the OEM finish.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^the smy cluster.Very OEM look.I don't have one yet but from all the pics on their website you can see that it does not interfere with visibility of the instrument panel at all.And it is discreet.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The center dash ones are under $300
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Ill have to look a little closer at the SMY bezel set-up. Looking for 3 gauges. Might wind up using AC vent(s). I made a set-up years ago in my GTI, had boost and EGT in one of the vents in the center. The WRXs are a bit smaller though to do side by side. I might just order an OEM gauge bezel and see if I can tweak it a bit to make up something like the SMY. I still may wind up using one of the AC vents anyway...

Thank all you guys for the input. Once I get something together down the road here Ill post up some pics. In the meantime burn rubber, not your soul !!! WTF ?

Im out.

---Joe---

dmk
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    That's nice. I want a boost gauge but couldn't figure out how to get a nice factory look. Now to just figure out what to put in the other pod....
    2011 WRX Premium - Torqued Performance Stage 1 tune

Quote Originally Posted by dmk View Post
    That's nice. I want a boost gauge but couldn't figure out how to get a nice factory look. Now to just figure out what to put in the other pod....
    Oil pressure or EGT would be my choices, I have boost, oil press, and oil temp. Next is EGT and AFR
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

+1 for oil pressure/temp
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX