Stereo install - 2011 5-door

This is a discussion on Stereo install - 2011 5-door within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Okay, I plan on replacing the head unit and adding an amp and sub. The front door has a tweeter ...

Stereo install - 2011 5-door

Okay, I plan on replacing the head unit and adding an amp and sub. The front door has a tweeter and (presumably) a mid-range woofer in the door. Is the crossover for that component set in the stock head unit, or is it separate? Can I just replace the speakers themselves and expect them to work with a new head unit (using a proper adapter of course)?

I've got components in my other car, and I've just never found a good spot for the crossovers. I'm thinking of maybe just having 2-ways in both doors.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My crossovers are mounted to my subwoofer enclosure.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I replaced the stock tweeters with the new ones I just had to do alittle trimming, and the new crossover was mounted to the door( thee was a little white box that we pulled off the door and gave us plenty of room the mount it). I have some pictures of the install and I will post them when I get a chance.