Painted Bugeye Dash Trim
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Painted Bugeye Dash Trim within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I think it turned out pretty well. My old trim was definitely... old. The paint used was Krylon Fusion. It ...

Painted Bugeye Dash Trim

I think it turned out pretty well. My old trim was definitely... old.

The paint used was Krylon Fusion. It refused to stick right to the silver so all pieces were sanded down to the black plastic underneath.

The radio is just temporary as it isn't really attached well. It should look a little cleaner with a stereo mounted in there flush with the trim.

In the end, the blue pretty well matches the newer STI seats that I wouldnt mind having...

Have a look!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	95780 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	95781 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	95779 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	95778

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm thinking about doing this as well but with a more neutral color. Glad it worked out for you.

Nice job!

Not a huge fan of the color itself, but that's just my opinion. Looks like a good job either way.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Yeah... pretty much no one likes the color. haha.

$6 and and hour of my time can change it though. So I'm not too worried about it. I might end up just doing it black.

As long as you like it that's all that matters.

It might look good is you had STi seats in there, but then again that may be too much blue.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by maw230 View Post
    I'm thinking about doing this as well but with a more neutral color. Glad it worked out for you.
    I re-painted the center console of my car when i got it(since the previous owner had glued something onto it...). I would recommend using plasti-dip. I think it gives a more natural look to the finish which fits in with the rest of the dash better. It only comes in black though(i think...). Here is a picture of it...

I would like to try and find a spray paint to match my Sedona Red wrx and paint the trim with it...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.