Sub Enclosures in WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sub Enclosures in WRX within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; My buddy and I made a box today for my 2011 sedan. Fits like a glove, I still have a ...

My buddy and I made a box today for my 2011 sedan. Fits like a glove, I still have a ton of trunk space too. I dont have any pics installed because it was to dark but i will have some coming up. It was a rather difficult build, a **** tone of angles thanks to the trunk of the subaru

2011 Subaru WRX SWP Sedan
    1999 Honda Prelude GT30R 345whp - sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looking good, can't wait for the pics. Nice dog too!

What kind of box is that? I'm not too familiar with the different types. It looks awfully big for a single sub so it's obviously not a simple sealed enclosure...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyz250
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdill
    What kind of box is that? I'm not too familiar with the different types. It looks awfully big for a single sub so it's obviously not a simple sealed enclosure...
    It's ported
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdill View Post
    Looking good, can't wait for the pics. Nice dog too!

The box is actually made for the sub. Digital Designs has blueprints for sub boxes, you need a certain amount of cubic feet of air space inside the box for the sub to work to its full potential. That DD sub is a competition style sub, if you put it in a small ebay junker box it wont sound nearly as good.

Some pics of the finished product, just need to get it all wired up now

Nice! I really dig the way you chose to fasten the box to the trunk floor. I'd never seen that before but it soooo makes sense. Nice work!
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That is a very nice setup! I have a 12" W12GTiMkII I need to get in my WRX. I'll probably do the same approach with mine. My next purchase will be the JL Cleansweep and AMP to push it.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Nice! I really dig the way you chose to fasten the box to the trunk floor. I'd never seen that before but it soooo makes sense. Nice work!
    Thank man! i did it like that because if i ever need to get to my tire i need to be able to move the box, but on the other hand i need it mounted for when im romping on the car

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyz250 View Post
    Thank man! i did it like that because if i ever need to get to my tire i need to be able to move the box, but on the other hand i need it mounted for when im romping on the car
    Its an ingenious Idea though.. I'm surprised more people dont do something like that when they put in a large enclosure. I've seen lots of subs mounted but none that were "quick release" in nature.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I dig mine.. but I got it used for $200 shipped..They're pretty well made, very sturdy pieces and mine fits perfect, I mean literally perfect and bolts into factory locations so there's no cutting or mods to the car . If need be can go right back to factory in a matter of minutes.
    Or when you're parked in a hot area you can take it off and take it with you like a bicycle seat! lol
    2006 Subaru WRX Rally Blue
    1998 Jeep XJ
    1972 Ford Gran Torino 351CJ-4V

Quote Originally Posted by soobie View Post
    Or when you're parked in a hot area you can take it off and take it with you like a bicycle seat! lol
    Kinda could.. but its not really that light lol.. and you'd have to remove the woofer to actually get at the mounting hardware.

Aside of that though, it IS easily removable.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.