Improving the sound of WRX 2011
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Improving the sound of WRX 2011 within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi, I got a 2011 WRX with the base sound system and I want to keep the OEM HU but ...

Thumbs up Improving the sound of WRX 2011

Hi,
    I got a 2011 WRX with the base sound system and I want to keep the OEM HU but improve the sound quality. I don't realy have a budget but I realy want to have a good sound, money is no object. I listem JAZZ and Vocal song mainly. Is it possible to make a realy good sound with the OEM or it's not possible? The reason why I don't want to lose my OEM is because I want to keep all the Steering, bt, aux fonction.

What would you recommend? Any example or experience?

There is realy good post on that subject but I am still not sure of what to do.

Thanks WRX fan!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

The JL CleanSweep is really your only option.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

You can also look for amps with built in high level inputs, they aren't as common as they used to be but there are some still out there. You just hook up the amp to your speaker wires as signal inputs.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    The JL CleanSweep is really your only option.
    Pretty sure I'll be going that route myself, seems like a great product.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

I Support ClubWRX
    The sound system doesn't bother me anymore.I have stopped listening to music altogether.I just listen to the sound of the turbo & the engine.Once I get my new exhaust I might forget this car even has a stereo.Now I know why exotic sports cars come without a stereo.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well certain genre of music has also resulted in me turning my radio off, but there are certain things my iPod has I listen to... I'll have to check out the Cleansweep and for a while I'm sure the turbo and exhaust is what I'll be listening to as well.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

pioneers have adapters that allow you to use your factory steering wheel controls, have bt built in and the aux jack can also be wired in if you like. An aftermarket head unit will take care of the greater majority of power/sound quality issues the factory unit poses.

Otherwise if you stick with the factory head unit the cleansweep and external amps are the best option.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I will try the jl thing and I will be back posting the result in a few week to let you know.

Thanks again WRX fan.

If you're serious about great sound, forgo the JL Clean Sweep and get the Audison BitOne. That's my plan, along with Seas Neo Tweeters and Seas Reference Woofers.
    The signal processing in the Audison unit is second to none with a lower noise floor than the JL, in my experience

Also, sign up at the DIYMA forums and say good bye to your savings account!

This message powered by Tapatalk for Android™

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.