2008 WRX Premium have sat antenna?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2008 WRX Premium have sat antenna? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Ok, I picked up a '08 WRX and was wondering if it already had a sat antenna. I just got ...

2008 WRX Premium have sat antenna?

Ok, I picked up a '08 WRX and was wondering if it already had a sat antenna. I just got this and the research I did looks like the window has a built in FM antenna, so, if that is the case, what is the antenna above the back window? The car is sat ready, just dosent yet have it. I have an aftermarket unit to put it with sat. but cant figure out best place to mount antenna, so I was hoping it is already there. However, I think the research I found was wrong, but I'm hoping for the best

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone?

been awhile, still unsure of this, so a bump to the top for a possible answer...

Yes, my '08 Premium WRX has SAT/NAV. I assume the antenna on the roof is for both functions.

I wasn't aware of any Imprezas before 2011 having an OEM rooftop sat radio antenna. Yours may be aftermarket, or the OEM antenna used on 2011 models. Can you post a picture?

Normally, "sat ready" in a Subaru simply means that you have a stretch of coax antenna cable running from behind the HU to behind the molding above the rear view mirror (to make it easier to install Subaru's antenna, which sticks on the inside of the windshield).

You also have to install the OEM sat radio tuner module -- that is not pre-installed. The OEM sat radio kit includes the tuner module, mounting bracket, antenna, and a harness to connect to an expansion port on the OEM radio.

I have the Premium model so it came standard with NAV and SAT radio (requires monthly payments so I just get a weather channel). You should be able to see my pics on my profile...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.