Car Audio Ideas...I don't know much about it. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Car Audio Ideas...I don't know much about it. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by 2002_wagon 12in rockford fostgate P3 shallow enclosure with 500 vpower mono amp from alpine does the job ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    12in rockford fostgate P3 shallow enclosure with 500 vpower mono amp from alpine does the job perfectly
    Fits under the seats?

And how much did the setup cost you
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch
    COBB Accessport: TP Stage 1 Tune
    3" COBB Single Tip Catback, COBB Shortshifter, 1/2 Bilstein Lowering Springs, Perrin Strut, Whiteline Sways, 18x7.5 Enkei Ev05

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

& the 10" boss under seat one would sound infinitely better than the stock sub woulnt it...
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch
    3" COBB Single Tip Catback, COBB Shortshifter, 1/2 Bilstein Lowering Springs, Perrin Strut, Whiteline Sways, 18x7.5 Enkei Ev05

i went to crutchfield.com and bought a full stereo. Kenwood headunit(cause it has the most RMS watts @ 22) and the headunit came with 2 kenwood speakers that kinda suck but way better then factory. Then I bought 2 Kicker 2 way speakers and em getting another set to replace rear kenwoods and a JL powerd sub 10". ONLY for $450 I got everything installed myself. And sounds GREAT but should have bought 2 sets of Kicker speakers cause they R AMAZING for the price. Buy a pair and get the second 50% off i think still. And they match up ur car with what fits

Do the subs fit under the seats tho, like it's dumb but I'm trying to be space conscious because i need room for snowboards and whatnot.
    If they fit under the seat I'll seriously look into it, how is that headunit by the way, it's not crap is it? I hate ****ty headunits they look ugly lol
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch

Sorry didn't see u wanted it under the seats
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwalk View Post
    I was under the impression it would need an amplifier... If it doesnt I guess I'm golden?

They sound sub par? I just want more of a bass kick.

Sub par? Compared to an actual sub woofer, yes, but it does the job of filling in the low range in most music. Although, if you look at the reviews, about 30% of them quit working entirely within six months. I have had the BASS600 8-Inch for years and they don't seem to have the problem of frying like the newer models.

Better than the factory unit? Well, that thing is trash, literally.. I have thrown three OEM Subaru subs in the trash. You'd be better off taking a dump in a paper sack and leaving it under your seat than using the factory sub woofer.

Anyone have a good alternative under seat sub then...maybe I'll just get a box
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch

The Boss BASS series are the alternative under the seat subs. They're cheap, and AFIK they're about the only thing that will actually fit under the seat.

The problem is, all of the newer ones fry. You can search "Boss BASS subwoofer" on amazon.com and read the reviews. The BASS600 model that I got doesn't seem to have the protection circuit issues that apparently all of the newer ones have. I paid $90 with free shipping when I got it a couple of years ago. Looks like people have realized that all of the newer ones are frying now, because it's listed at $150 now.

The Infinity Basslink is a good self powered unit that has decent sound for it's price, but once again, it won't fit under your seat.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    The Boss BASS series are the alternative under the seat subs. They're cheap, and AFIK they're about the only thing that will actually fit under the seat.

The problem is, all of the newer ones fry. You can search "Boss BASS subwoofer" on amazon.com and read the reviews. The BASS600 model that I got doesn't seem to have the protection circuit issues that apparently all of the newer ones have. I paid $90 with free shipping when I got it a couple of years ago. Looks like people have realized that all of the newer ones are frying now, because it's listed at $150 now.

The Infinity Basslink is a good self powered unit that has decent sound for it's price, but once again, it won't fit under your seat.
    Oh ok, so how do you feel about those bass 600's? Im not looking to blow womens clothes off with my bass, I came from a volvo premium sound system which was all bose, like 2 mounted 6" or 8" subs in the back I just want it to sound good. Right now there is no low bass at all in my music unless its a kick, so like no filler
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch

That's what it does, filler. It will sound like crap for about the first week while it breaks in. As long as you don't turn the gain up too much right off the bat and just go easy on it for about two weeks, then really take the time to dial in all the settings just right it does a wonderful job of filling in the low frequencies.

After I added an Alpine PDX-4.100 amp to drive my other speakers I found that the BASS600 struggles to keep up with the rest of the system, but it still sounds a hell of a lot better with it than without.

as said, the boss's like to die, consistently according to reviews.

Have you considered doing a fiberglass custom enclosure over your spare tire? I've seen it done where you can keep the tire, even - and it doesn't protrude into the cabin at all, so you keep all your cargo space.

Just another thought besides underseat.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

What about one of these.. they're pricey but I have one and it tucks right into the driver rear corner.. very little loss of cargo space. I have a hatch, not sure if the op has a hatch or sedan so I've linked both.

will of course need a woofer and amp to go along with it...

http://www.audiointegrations.net/08subaru.html

http://www.audiointegrations.net/subarusedan.html
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post

Have you considered doing a fiberglass custom enclosure over your spare tire? I've seen it done where you can keep the tire, even - and it doesn't protrude into the cabin at all, so you keep all your cargo space.

The older 600 model doesn't have the protection circuit faults that the newer ones have..

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post

That sounds sick actually, do you have a link where I can look at some of those?

probably fairly expensive but I'll give it a look. How is it in terms of accessing your spare do i just lift it up?

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    What about one of these.. they're pricey but I have one and it tucks right into the driver rear corner.. very little loss of cargo space. I have a hatch, not sure if the op has a hatch or sedan so I've linked both.

will of course need a woofer and amp to go along with it...

http://www.audiointegrations.net/08subaru.html

http://www.audiointegrations.net/subarusedan.html
    I've got a 2009 hatch, and thanks for the links they look pretty nice
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch

Im considering those perfect fits they look awesome, maybe 2 12" alpines, or 2 10" alpines, not sure yet...I feel like If I'm gonna have that much bass tho I'm gonna need a speaker upgrade it'll be a big project.

I'll also prolly have to cut my floor mat, I have those rubber floormats, and they sit on plastic in the back, its pretty havy duty, but it fits flush with the inside of the trunk, so teh subs will essentially lock it in there
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.