2011 WRX Remote Wire Tap For Amp

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Remote Wire Tap For Amp within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I've been searching the site and the web for different ways to tap into the stock headunits remote wire. There's ...

2011 WRX Remote Wire Tap For Amp

I've been searching the site and the web for different ways to tap into the stock headunits remote wire. There's alot of post that make me scratch my head and wonder why do you need to take all that stuff apart.

Has anyone been succesful in tapping into the remote wire w/o taking half the dash and center console apart?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I guess that was a dumb question. Does anyone know what color the remote wire is on 2011 WRX?

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Pin Out:
    Subaru 20-pin radio harness pin-out

I used this web-site when installing my new HU. Your '11 has bluetooth and steering wheel controls, but the main 20pin harness connection worked for me.

HU removal:
    Use a putty knife (plastic is better) and work it under the trim that directly sounds the radio. Mine has a little more gap on the bottom than on the top. Get the knife in, and just pull the piece off. I can swap my HU out in under 5 minutes - no need to pull the whole dash off.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett