2008 WRX Stereo Backlighting Options

This is a discussion on 2008 WRX Stereo Backlighting Options within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; So it didn't take long to figure out that the stock head unit needed to be replaced in this car. ...

2008 WRX Stereo Backlighting Options

So it didn't take long to figure out that the stock head unit needed to be replaced in this car. I am not looking to lose any trunk space but I am a music fanatic and want to find something that will sound really nice. I am planning on doing a 2 stage changeover, HU, then the speakers and tweeters later on when I have money.

I also want something that will look clean. It seems like most H/U have all the features I need (DVD, Nav, Ipod, Steering wheel capabilities, Bluetooth). I am extremely picky with how it looks though and I want to find one that matches the stock interior lighting. I was looking at the Clarion NX500 and it seemed to be good, but I cant find out if it changes colours.

Recommend any good options?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You'll want a component set in the front (don't buy woofers/tweeters separately), and you'll need to amplify them, so factor that into the cost.

For the H/U, if you go on the Clarion site, you may be able to download the user manual.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

So Im still pretty new to the car audio game... When you say a component set you mean?

Basically I want to replace the H/U, then see how it goes from there. Do I need to do more at that point...

Also, how clean does the sirius radio antenna end up looking after the install, I plan on burying most every thing I can and having it the spitting image of clean, but how clean can you get it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewV
    So Im still pretty new to the car audio game... When you say a component set you mean?
    Coaxial are just speakers, while components have multiple parts (woofer, crossover, tweeter, and sometimes a mid-woofer).

http://www.woofersetc.com/c-40-65.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by DrewV
    Basically I want to replace the H/U, then see how it goes from there. Do I need to do more at that point...
    Good motto. No point continuing to throw money at it if you'll be happy with less spent.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC