2011 Subwoofer price, ouch! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 Subwoofer price, ouch! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by SamXp +2finity I plan on going with this enclosure... Subaru WRX / STI Hatch 10 Inch Perfect ...

Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    +2finity
    I plan on going with this enclosure...
    Subaru WRX / STI Hatch 10 Inch Perfect Fit™ Enclosure
    nice but expensive still need the sub, amp, and crossover
    Yes dear polishing the underside of the rocker panels IS important.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sl8anic View Post
    I'm about to try Sound Ordinance B-8PT install (Sound Ordnance™ B-8PT 120-watt compact powered subwoofer - Hands-on Research at Crutchfield.com) to fill some lows under the seat of my 11 WRX 5-door. I tried a dry run and it's tight under the passenger seat without anybody sitting in there, hope the seat bottom doesn't deflect too much. Bigger issue might be that it blocks 80% of the floor air vent, we'll see.

By the way, I replaced my OEM Premium HU with my old Kenwood KDX-993 and it made a HUGE improvement all around. OEM speakers are actually pretty decent, even bass isn't too bad, HU however appears to be a POS.
    Thats pretty much the size of it.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I have yet to get an adequate stock radio in a Subaru. My 08 Rav 4 has the JLB stock setup. Its 1000% better. I don't get it aren't they both part for Fuji heavy industries.
    Only up side is I dont drive the Rav I operate it, the Subie I drive and rarely have the radio up when I do.
    Yes dear polishing the underside of the rocker panels IS important.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    For anyone interested here is a description from Subiefanatics about the Kicker offering.

I'll be interested to hear if anyone installs it and what they think.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

This guy said he installed it himself and is happy with the output...
    Go San Diego Super Chargers!
    I love video games, HD movies and board games
    Best car ever!

Audio is the hardest thing in the world to get a good video of. That's the best video I've seen of the sub yet, but to me it sounds like it's distorting. I don't know if that's true or not.

I think the sub would do a fine job. The issue most people have with it is the hefty price. And for the hatch, the location. Why they wouldn't have it on the side (similar location to the sedan trunk location) is beyond me.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

4 door -2011 premium
    well, i went ahead and had the sub put in, but i negotiated it for $354 w/ installation, but they were pissed. I said that since subaru couldn't install it when I ordered the car that they were screwing me. and my credit union has a deal that says dealers can only charge invoice for the part. anyway, i've never had a sub and to be honest i listen to mostly rock, so the sub at first was annoying. I think it's pretty loud as well. Now i'm used to it though. It's installed in the trunk on the left side. I kind of got it for resale value. I've never removed a head unit or installed speakers, but I might get my brother in-law to replace the headunit, god does it suck. not sure if the speakers are just as bad. i'll start w/ the headunit first.

Head units are easy to change.. shouldn't take more than a hour or so taking your time. The factory speakers aren't bad. How long they'll last though (year wise) not sure.. I'm quite happy with my rig at this point and all I did was change the head unit and add tweeters in factory location (base model.. no factory tweets) .. I have a sub but haven't really found the motivation to install it yet.. and I'd kinda like to upgrade to a better amp if I'm going to toss it into the car anyway. .. The sub in the vid does sound like its distorting.. but that could be vid quality/x-over setting/underdriven.. etc.. no telling what symptom actually makes it sound funky in the vid. Most vid cams also have microphones that dont fully pick up the high/low ranges well since they're designed for recording humans.. we make mid frequency noise lol.. so.. naturally thats what the mic is designed to pick up best.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Hey I installed the Boss Audio BASS600 8-Inch Low-Profile Amplified Subwoofer and I really like it. I also got it for $100 as well. Also you might wanna think about an aftermarket head unit it makes such a big difference, and makes it easier to put in an aftermarket sub.

Here is my sorta install/ question thread on what I did. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/interi...bwoofer-5.html
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

jl audio for the win w aftermarket head unit it bumps up the speakers without having to replace them + it easy to add a amp&sub
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

Did you lose any steering wheel controls? Does the steering wheel volume, next track, bluetooth, etc. still work? That's really the most significant thing most of us want to not lose. So the plug-n-play sub is a reasonable choice. We all know we can do better, cheaper... but by losing all of that.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

No, I purchased the PAC+bluetooth steering wheel controls months ago and at my installation the guy told me its not programmable yet. But I saw someone with a 11 wrx recently and he got the same pac steering wheel controls and his worked, i think because they updated the software or something(So PAC will work now)

but believe me none of my steering wheel controls work but its well worth it because my new set up is amazing. It makes the interior look so much better with the 7" high resolution touchscreen. A new head unit is basically a computer in your car. My iphone completely works with everything the screen offers with(live traffic, stock feeds,rhapsody,pandora,movies..much more.. I spent way to much on my set up but in the end its worth it. in my sig is everythign i got.

The plug and play sub is not worth it ! I can not stress more that its not worth it. If you heard my JL audio w6v2, and saw it you would realize that theirs much more out there at the same price. Its fully carpeted and enclosed and just looks very nice. Subaru offers very ****ty sub with a even worse amp. And remember if you go with the subaru sub your speakers and everything is still going to sound like crap. With the aftermarket head unit it helps a ton. My stock speakers went from being really bad stock to pretty decent speakers when powered by the headunit. you say it like your loosing more then your gaining, but your really getting much more functions with the high end head units. gotta pay to play tho i spent around 1000 on head unit and 800 for sub and amp and 300 for the installation and all the wires for installation
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

I used an Axxess Metra on install to retain steering wheel controls. It mostly worked - the one little quirk is that the up/down buttons cycle through the radio stations in order instead of through the presets. I couldn't figure out how to fix that - pretty minor complaint though.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Premium Sedan

got my car as part of a dealer trade and it came with the kicker already installed.... what a POS! in the process of trying to get either a replacement unit(not sure if this ones just crap or what...) or a refund.... the thing is ridiculously loud and lacks any adjustment whatsoever.... its sloppy and muddy as Hell too.... i cant come up with one good thing to say about it im afraid.... its just terrible.

That proves my suspicion that subaru engineers are deaf... seriously the audio in these cars even with factory "enhancements" (if one could call them that) is effin terrible.

So far, I've changed out my head unit for a pioneer avic F700bt that I had from a previous vehicle.. bought the factory tweeter pods and put some leftover blaupunct tweets in there (yes they fit well with a slight bit of massaging) and recently installed my Rockford Fosgate R1 sub (hangin around from said previous vehicle) in the audio integrations enclosure I bought used for relatively cheap ($200). I snapped up a Kenwood amp from crutchfield for $69 (seriously couldn't beat that deal) .. its only 150w rms.. now I know I said earlier that more power is better and I'll still stand by that, but for the size of this amp (physically) and where I wanted to put it under the seat.. it delivers a stout amount of power. I'm very pleasantly pleased with how it sounds. Those of you coming to cretin fest really should have a listen.. for a total investment of "nottawholelot" I'm tickled pink it sounds this good. Still on factory door woofers x'd over at 80hz.. the sub x'd over at same it has a really smooth tight response right down to below my hearing abilities. I listen to a lot of heavy metal but do occasionally toss in some blues/classical or yes.. even some old hip/hop from time to time. It sounds great with all genres. Best of all, I can still put lots of crap in my hatch area! lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast