New Stereo - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Stereo within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by Smeee haaaa! good looking out, I have been using that site long before I even bought my ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smeee View Post
    haaaa! good looking out, I have been using that site long before I even bought my HU. Actually just used the site to upgrade the firmware...it was weird, there were some sites claiming there was a version 2.003 but pioneer was claiming 2.0021 and seeing how i just bought mine i figured it would be up to date, buuuut no sir, it was still 2.0...anywho, got clarifcation that it is the 2.0021 and loaded her up =D
    +1

I used that site to figure out how to do everything, including installs of my Avic D3 back in my old STI. That place rocks!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah I found the info there to build the hack harness I used to install my F700bt so that I could use all the functions while on the roll. I did the software hack I found there too but I figured double dutch would yield me unshakable result. So far the unit has not missed a step and neither do the guys on that forum. Some twisted minds over there lemme tell ya lol. Good knowledge base though, especially if you're not too quick with windows CE. Being IT I adapt quickly but knowing the little ins/outs is always nice and those guys know em.

Decent bunch too.. Kinda like here the jerk/decent human ratio is pretty good
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Nice setup! I really like that custom enclosure!

It took me several weeks to tune and tweak everything on my setup to just how I like it. Lot's of trial and error...
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63
    Nice setup! I really like that custom enclosure!
    Jake's a friend of mine, so he gave me a great price on the sub/enclosure.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

EJ257 can I ask you, do I solder the system remote control blue and white wire to the Metra solid blue wire and then solder another wire from there to the relay?
    Or just connect the System Remote Control blue and white wire to the relay and do nothing with the Metra solid blue wire.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventura'sWRX
    EJ257 can I ask you, do I solder the system remote control blue and white wire to the Metra solid blue wire and then solder another wire from there to the relay?
    Or just connect the System Remote Control blue and white wire to the relay and do nothing with the Metra solid blue wire.
    Haven't installed the relay on my car yet. I will likely do that this weekend. It should be like the video you posted in another thread on the 4200...
    Last edited by EJ257; 01-13-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Pictures look good! I'm looking to change out my old stereo to my 04' WRX. It's got an Eclipse GPS/DVD/MP3 head unit in it now and i'm trying to figure out how to actually remove it. First, should I change my stereo head unit myself if so how? Or, should I just take it to a professional?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuby04wrx View Post
    Pictures look good! I'm looking to change out my old stereo to my 04' WRX. It's got an Eclipse GPS/DVD/MP3 head unit in it now and i'm trying to figure out how to actually remove it. First, should I change my stereo head unit myself if so how? Or, should I just take it to a professional?
    Changing the head unit is pretty simple. Just make sure you get the proper wire harness, wire diagram, and a good set of crimps... you'll be done in 1/2 hour
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Scuby04wrx View Post
    Why do you want to pull the Eclipse HU? Is it old/broken and you just want to replace? They are quality HUs.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Why do you want to pull the Eclipse HU? Is it old/broken and you just want to replace? They are quality HUs.
    Great sounding HUs... Terrible with customer support since Fujitsu bought them out, however. Absolutely terrible in my experinece. I will not buy another one.

Could have been my experience as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12