2011 WRX sound help???

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX sound help??? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; ok so i got the 2011 wrx with the upgraded sound system and nav and its been great so far. ...

Registered User yeaitsgotaturbo's Avatar

Question 2011 WRX sound help???

ok so i got the 2011 wrx with the upgraded sound system and nav and its been great so far. the only issue is the quality of music.If you go into equalizer there are presets (pop,rock,jazz etc) but there are also customizable frequencies that are in 4 bands. so my real question is has anyone found out a good setup for these on the navigation? if so please post pics or what you have set up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    unfortunately I am afraid you will not find a combination that sounds great... It kills me that I have an aftermarket head unit in my '11 STI, but I had it laying around and I hated the stock stereo sound.

A lot of people are saying that if they upgrade their speakers, they can make the nav unit sound pretty good. After the holidays are paid for - I might try this. Put my OEM back in, and upgrade speakers to see if this makes for an acceptable solution.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

yes the sound do suck

This is what I have for my 2011 and will all be installed in the spring:

Alpine INA-W900 Head Unit
    Alpine Imprint sound management
    Alpine Siruis aLP-1
    Alpine DHA 6-Disc DVD changer
    Alpine 100.4 and 600.1 Amps
    CDT 6.5 HD Braxial kits front and rear, front with upstage and US-200 X-over w/adapter kits
    Audio Solutions 10" custom fit box with JL Audio 10W3V3
    Full Mcmaster Carr sounddeading

Had similar system in my speed3 and sounded awesome the stock unit navigation or other suck in Subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by yeaitsgotaturbo View Post
    ok so i got the 2011 wrx with the upgraded sound system and nav and its been great so far. the only issue is the quality of music.If you go into equalizer there are presets (pop,rock,jazz etc) but there are also customizable frequencies that are in 4 bands. so my real question is has anyone found out a good setup for these on the navigation? if so please post pics or what you have set up.
    If you plan on keeping the stock nav unit, and I think you will, the EQ settings really are personal preference. A lot of it has to do with the type of music you listen to. I would suggest just playing with it until it satisfies you.

Here is my deal I have a Pioneer AVIV-U310bt its a double din Nav stereo. Its four mouths old had it in my integra.
    when I got the Wrx I was going to rip the Nav system out of my integra.
    but I feel in love with haven the radio controls on the steering wheel..
    and the factory Bluetooth with the USB AUX plugs in the center consul..

so I started looking they do make a kit to hook up the steering wheels controls

do anyone knows if they make a kit so i can use the factory Bluetooth with the USB AUX plugs

I think the cool part i found a guy with the same radio i have. HE had lost the face 50 bucks iam going to put that back in my other car and just take the face with me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaIntegra View Post
    Here is my deal I have a Pioneer AVIV-U310bt its a double din Nav stereo. Its four mouths old had it in my integra.
    when I got the Wrx I was going to rip the Nav system out of my integra.
    but I feel in love with haven the radio controls on the steering wheel..
    and the factory Bluetooth with the USB AUX plugs in the center consul..

so I started looking they do make a kit to hook up the steering wheels controls

do anyone knows if they make a kit so i can use the factory Bluetooth with the USB AUX plugs

I think the cool part i found a guy with the same radio i have. HE had lost the face 50 bucks iam going to put that back in my other car and just take the face with me.
    There is a company named PAC that makes adapters for the steering wheel controls, they sell them at crutchfiels. I haven't found anyone that makes adapters for the usb or bluetooth