Replace Factory Amp
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Replace Factory Amp within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Ok searched and searched and didnt find anything. Im attempting to remove and replace my factory amp in my 02. ...

Replace Factory Amp

Ok searched and searched and didnt find anything.

Im attempting to remove and replace my factory amp in my 02. Ive located and removed it, but my amp that im replacing it with has positive and negative for each speaker. Thats ok but the factory amp uses one connector with only positive wires.

Now my question is how would i go about re wiring all of that?

any help would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Uhh.. what? There is no "factory amp", unless you're talking about the built in amp in the head unit, or the built in amp in the factory sub.

All speakers take negative and positive wires to work (that I know of), so it's not possible that an amp is manufactured with only positive outputs.

I Support ClubWRX
    If its under the passenger seat its the factory sub.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

exactly the one under the seat, i think it was a built in sub but its a amp none the less, atleast that is what subaru calls it atleast

I Support ClubWRX
    See this post:
    NASIOC - View Single Post - Stock head unit information -- pin-outs, aux inputs, and more

and if further questions refer to that entire thread.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    So you're removing the factory sub and replacing it with an after market amp and sub? Or are you installing an additional amp for the door speakers, or what? Either way it's not necessary to remove the factory sub.

Are you using the stock head unit, or aftermarket? If stock, are you planning on running a line level converter to the amp, or running speaker level wires directly to the amp?

I'm confused..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 02bugg View Post
    exactly the one under the seat, i think it was a built in sub but its a amp none the less, atleast that is what subaru calls it atleast
    Yeah its a built in amp for only the subwoofer. The stock speakers are powered off of the factory stereo head unit.

What are you trying to accomplish?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I'm not understanding what's being replaced and why? If the factory sub/amp combo is being removed, what is replacing it and what is it powering?

If you are putting an aftermarket amp are you attempting to power the interior door speakers? If so then you don't need to remove the factory sub since the the door speakers are being powered by the head unit.

If you rare replacing it with an aftermarket subwoofer then again it doesn't need to be removed or rewired. A new aftermarket amp will need to be installed to power anything of any real use.

Please explain your idea or intentions a little clearer so we can attempt to help.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.