2010 WRX Radio/Speaker Stuff
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX Radio/Speaker Stuff within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hello all, Pretty new to the forums, really enjoying them. I just bought a Certified Preowned WRX and have found ...

2010 WRX Radio/Speaker Stuff

Hello all,

Pretty new to the forums, really enjoying them.

I just bought a Certified Preowned WRX and have found the factory stereo system to sound much like a transistor radio...LOL!

Has anyone added some good after market speakers in the car? Has it made a big difference, or does the radio need more power as well?

Thanks in advance!

David

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by McSoappy View Post
    Hello all,

Pretty new to the forums, really enjoying them.

I just bought a Certified Preowned WRX and have found the factory stereo system to sound much like a transistor radio...LOL!

Has anyone added some good after market speakers in the car? Has it made a big difference, or does the radio need more power as well?

Thanks in advance!

David
    Many congrats on the new car!

In my opinion you should definitely replace the stock head unit first. Then, if you want, replace the speakers. After that, amp the speakers. If you're looking for bass, add an amped sub some time after you swap the head unit.

A new head unit will get you significantly better sound and volume. But you may have to come up with alternate Bluetooth and auxiliary solutions if your stock radio has them, which are definitely available on aftermarket stereos. Another thing is steering wheel controls; I have always decided to just forget about them so I don't know how complete of an integration you can get with adapters.
    Brandon
    '11 WRX 5-Door, Dark Gray Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by hamz01 View Post

In my opinion you should definitely replace the stock head unit first. Then, if you want, replace the speakers. After that, amp the speakers. If you're looking for bass, add an amped sub some time after you swap the head unit.
    Agreed. Went to an aftermarket headunit and was amazed at how much better the stock speakers sounded. I still plan on replacing the speakers eventually.
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX
    http://www.rapidcars.com

Good advice thus far. I replaced the stock speakers with Infinitys in my '09 and did very little to improve sound quality. New HU made a huge difference.

I Support ClubWRX
    Cheaply acquired (eBay) Alpine HU plus Polk fronts completely changed the sound in my 2002. Still working on my Bugeye Roadnoise Reduction Circuit.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

After looking around a lot, I'm thinking of getting a Pioneer FH-P8000BT. Anyone have one?

After looking around a lot, I'm thinking of getting a Pioneer FH-P8000BT. Anyone have one?
    It's got 6 preouts, 7 band EQ, rear aux input, and great FM sensitivity. Steering wheel compatible and it says it is iPod compatible (and not iPhone) but that doesn't matter because I can almost guarantee you you'd rather interact with the iPod/iPhone than scroll through huge lists on the head unit itself.

I've had a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP for over five years and I love it. Unfortunately they don't make a comparable head unit to that model any more, but yours looks solid, especially if you want double DIN.
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by hamz01 View Post
    It's got 6 preouts, 7 band EQ, rear aux input, and great FM sensitivity. Steering wheel compatible and it says it is iPod compatible (and not iPhone) but that doesn't matter because I can almost guarantee you you'd rather interact with the iPod/iPhone than scroll through huge lists on the head unit itself.

I've had a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP for over five years and I love it. Unfortunately they don't make a comparable head unit to that model any more, but yours looks solid, especially if you want double DIN.
    In regards to your list complaint they've actually done something where you can search my letter on the head unit. I was amped to see that!

Anyone know if a new radio will void any warranties?

In regards to your list complaint they've actually done something where you can search my letter on the head unit. I was amped to see that!

Anyone know if a new radio will void any warranties?
    I've never heard or seen anything that mentions voiding warranty with an aftermarket head unit. But I don't know what the technical rules are. That said, I have thrown massive amounts of audio, lighting, and other electronics all over my car and no one has ever said anything about them. Just don't ever cut or splice into factory wiring.
    Brandon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.