No sound from stereo...

This is a discussion on No sound from stereo... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; So this morning I start up the car and turn on the radio...no sound. I have an 05 wrx wagon ...

No sound from stereo...

So this morning I start up the car and turn on the radio...no sound.

I have an 05 wrx wagon (not that it matters). I do have higher end CDT components that I have installed in the front doors. I did this a few weeks ago. I have not yet put in my amps and deck so they are running off of the stock hu. I have not checked anything yet I am actualyl still at work. Any idea where to check first... The hu still turns on and appears to be working just no sound.

Hints?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

funny i just started having the same issue with my 03 wagon, anyone have an idea what the fix here?

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a test you can try...... Get in your car, start it and turn on the radio. At this point, I assume the radio is on and should have sound. Everything looks right, just no sound.

One at a time, roll down your windows. If your sound magically comes back when you roll down one of the windows, remove as much of the door card as is needed to access the speaker and loosen the mounting hardware slightly. that should fix it.

I had a similar issue earlier this year. I had nice speakers installed last fall and all was good. then mid winter the sound would occasionally be gone. It took months of troubleshooting to notice that the window rolling down effected the sound (being that it was winter and thus too damn cold for windows down driving).

I took it back to the installer to check, and was told that the windows are raised and lowered by a pulley system. In some cases, when you get rolled all the way up the torque from the pulley motor actually bows the door skin ever so slightly. If your speakers are mounted real tight, this slight bow can twist the speaker basket, which then pinches the voice coil, causing a short, which kills all sound.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    I have a test you can try...... Get in your car, start it and turn on the radio. At this point, I assume the radio is on and should have sound. Everything looks right, just no sound.

One at a time, roll down your windows. If your sound magically comes back when you roll down one of the windows, remove as much of the door card as is needed to access the speaker and loosen the mounting hardware slightly. that should fix it.

I had a similar issue earlier this year. I had nice speakers installed last fall and all was good. then mid winter the sound would occasionally be gone. It took months of troubleshooting to notice that the window rolling down effected the sound (being that it was winter and thus too damn cold for windows down driving).

I took it back to the installer to check, and was told that the windows are raised and lowered by a pulley system. In some cases, when you get rolled all the way up the torque from the pulley motor actually bows the door skin ever so slightly. If your speakers are mounted real tight, this slight bow can twist the speaker basket, which then pinches the voice coil, causing a short, which kills all sound.

-------------------tried that, didnt work.............................................. ..

I Support ClubWRX
    OK.....Well.....do you have an amp? If so, check that it has power, a good ground and fuse.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

no amp on this model...