Aftermarket head unit vs. JL CleanSweep
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Aftermarket head unit vs. JL CleanSweep within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Has anyone tried the approach of keeping the factory head unit and using a JL CleanSweep instead of putting in ...

Aftermarket head unit vs. JL CleanSweep

Has anyone tried the approach of keeping the factory head unit and using a JL CleanSweep instead of putting in a new aftermarket head unit? I put in new good quality speakers all the way around, a sub, and a 6 channel amp, and it sounds better, but still isn't quite right. Still lacking some bass, and some of the other tones are just kind of off. I am leaning towards throwing in a decent aftermarket head unit, but just wondering if anyone has tried the CleanSweep instead with successful results.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well your definetly going to get improved sound not matter which way you go. I would say it depends more on how you want it to look. I personally think the wrx looks good with double dins only. Whether that be the factory radio or an aftermarket. Now I haven't put a clean sweep in a wrx before but they make a factory radio sound AMAZING. Had a lexus rx400 in the shop, we did a clean sweep, Polk speakers all around, 5 ch amp and a sub. It sounded amazing. One of the clearest sounding systems I've ever heard. So if you like the stock look, you will not be dissapointed with the clean sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyWire View Post
    Well your definetly going to get improved sound not matter which way you go. I would say it depends more on how you want it to look. I personally think the wrx looks good with double dins only. Whether that be the factory radio or an aftermarket. Now I haven't put a clean sweep in a wrx before but they make a factory radio sound AMAZING. Had a lexus rx400 in the shop, we did a clean sweep, Polk speakers all around, 5 ch amp and a sub. It sounded amazing. One of the clearest sounding systems I've ever heard. So if you like the stock look, you will not be dissapointed with the clean sweep.

Thanks for your input, FlyWire.

+1 for JL cleansweep. I used to sell car audio and the cleansweep made any factory radio sound better than some of the aftermarket radios!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.