Alpine IWA-900 Install

This is a discussion on Alpine IWA-900 Install within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I replaced my stock radio with an Alpine IWA-900 a few weeks ago. The install was pretty easy. I used ...

Alpine IWA-900 Install

I replaced my stock radio with an Alpine IWA-900 a few weeks ago. The install was pretty easy. I used a Metra dash kit and wire harness. I also ordered the PTR7 bypass module for the e-brake/foot brake sequence. I don't watch dvds while I drive, but to access other settings and some nav features the car needs to be "parked".

I just removed the bezel around the radio. I didn't have to remove panels from the glove box to make my way over. Install was pretty easy other than cramming all the wires and BT module behind the dash.

The sound has greatly improved, but the speakers need to be replaced. I'll probably swap them with some Kicker QS components later on. I don't plan on doing a subwoofer or amplifier. I may do the mini alpine amp that does 45w per channel and fits behind the dash.

Here are some pics.

Source screen:

Phone interface:

Navi screen:

BT microphone placement:

The mic placement was tough. I put it at the top of the pillar and roof liner, but there was too much road noise and feedback from the speaker. I tried ontop of the steering column, which was better but still not perfect. I kept my g/f on the phone for about 30 minutes playing with placement until she could not longer hear ambient noise or echo.

The navi interface is fine for me. I rarely will use it. My g/f has an Acura TL with navi and the interface and graphics are very similar. Overall I really like the unit and would recommend it.
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch
    SPT Catback
    STI Short Shift Kit
    Perrin Drop in Foam Filter
    Perrin 22mm Adjustable Front Sway Bar
    Whiteline 20mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Clean install
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

KTP 445 min amp brand new in box

I have the KTP445 brand new in box as I was going with the exact setup, but decieded to go with the PDX amp, $75 paypaled to you, it is an awesome upgraade and the clarity will increase!

Thats 1/2 price brand new in box

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 2010wrxhatch View Post
    I have the KTP445 brand new in box as I was going with the exact setup, but decieded to go with the PDX amp, $75 paypaled to you, it is an awesome upgraade and the clarity will increase!

Thats 1/2 price brand new in box
    I'll take the alpine unit. email me how to connect to sent payment and get delivery before christmas.

Thanks

dahozzman@hotmail.com