Mounting Amp under seat My09

This is a discussion on Mounting Amp under seat My09 within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey guys, Was wondering has anyone come across or knows how to mount an amp under the passenger seat in ...

Mounting Amp under seat My09

Hey guys,

Was wondering has anyone come across or knows how to mount an amp under the passenger seat in a MY09? Including seat removal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bimprez View Post
    Hey guys,

Was wondering has anyone come across or knows how to mount an amp under the passenger seat in a MY09? Including seat removal?
    I have a Zed Gladius under mine. No need to remove the seat.
    Happiness isn't just around the corner, it is the corner.

ah cool, how did you do the wiring/grounding of the amp? did you use it to power the front and a sub?

Quote Originally Posted by bimprez View Post
    ah cool, how did you do the wiring/grounding of the amp? did you use it to power the front and a sub?
    Sorry, forgot to subscribe.

Both amps are fed by 4ga wire direct from the battery, through separate AGL fuse-holders and run through what was a blank plug in the firewall below the passenger side of the intercooler.
    For the Gladius I made a short 4ga ground wire with a ring terminal and clamped that under the front seat rail bolt.
    The little Gladius just runs my tweeters. I have another 4ch amp in the trunk to run the mids and subwoofer. If you wanted one amp to run a front stage and a sub, that would fit under the front seat, I think you'd have to look into a D-class amp.
    Happiness isn't just around the corner, it is the corner.

You should have plenty of room under both front seats if its anything like my 04 wagon. Theres actually air conditioning vents under there so you already of access through the carpet.
    You'll want to put the amp under the driver's seat since the battery is on that side.

Take off the driver side door sill and kick panel
    Run the power and speaker and remote wiring to through the carpet (may need to "snake it") out at the door sill and run behind the kick panel. Unless your doing a sub then obviously you would be running the speaker wire to the rear.
    Then carefully drill a hole in the firewall for the power cable and run that.
    Tuck the speaker and remote wire under the carpet and up to the receiver.
    You don't want to run the RCA's with the power wire (can cause a whine)
    So run the RCA's through the opening in the carpet closet to the center console and up through the center console to the receiver.
    With the drivers door sill still off you can pull back the carpet a little and find a place to screw the ground wire directly into the body (check underneath first make sure your not drilling into anything) scrap away the paint so its touching bare metal and zap it in. You could use a seat bolt as well, but it doesnt look as clean.
    Then get yourself some velcro with a sticky side and put that on the bottom of the amp to hold it.
    Zip tie the excess, make your connections, tune it up and enjoy the sounds.