No power to stock radio harness
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on No power to stock radio harness within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I just bought a new Pioneer Avic headunit which I put in my 2002 WRX, however after installing it the ...

nrj

No power to stock radio harness

I just bought a new Pioneer Avic headunit which I put in my 2002 WRX, however after installing it the headunit won't power on!

So.. I pulled out the headunit and grabbed my trusty multimeter. I started testing the pins in the stock radio harness and it seems that I get 12V in the correct wire when the key is turned to ACC, however the wire that is supposed to be 12V Constant seems to be dead all the time... I checked all the other pins just incase the aftermarket harness I got was mapped wrong, but nothing. I also tried replacing the fuse for the radio but still no voltage in anything but ACC.

I'd really like to avoid going to the dealer/mechanic but I'm really not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Your best bet would be to try and hunt down where the break in the connection is. Although this can be a daunting task. First place I would check would be at the fuse, then either work my way back or forward from there.

Alternatively, you could run a new wire, it would be okay as long as you put a fuse in it, but this isn't the cleanest approach.

nrj
    I figured it out. It turns out there are 2 fuses, 1 for the 12V Acc wire which is located in the cabin under the steering wheel, and another fuse for the 12V constant wire which is located under the hood... Changed the one under the hood and now I have power.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    good deal

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.