AUX vs USB

This is a discussion on AUX vs USB within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; just installed a Pioneer FH-P8000BT. it has AUX and USB output. so here is my question. first of all, i ...

AUX vs USB

just installed a Pioneer FH-P8000BT. it has AUX and USB output. so here is my question. first of all, i have a itouch. and now i have to choose either one of them to play music. both have their advantages. usb charges my itouch when it plays music, but i need to select songs from the headunit(isnt that convenience for me) . aux allows me to select songs without charging it(easier to display what is playing.
    So, any thoughts guys/ladies? or which one would you like?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I personally use the USB feature. I like to plug my player in, set it and forget it. Player happily charges while in my glove department.

I use USB on my Kenwood excelon. I like that I don't have to worry about my battery life. I also have the option to control the songs from my ipod when using my usb, but I just use the head units interface so i don't have to keep unlocking my ipod to skip a song. I have a big playlist loaded with songs that i like and just let that shuffle.
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

I guess one question to ask is how often do you need to mess around with your playlist? I know I can navigate through my HU okay but I rather just set up a playlist and forget about it.

i agree with you. well then i will stick with USB port. just let it plays music

2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

hi guys just got my11 rexy with the nav sat and can't find the USB connection,starting to wonder if it comes with it at all,for what its worth i just cannot believe it doesn't have a USB connection or if it has where is it .lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shanks2518 View Post
    hi guys just got my11 rexy with the nav sat and can't find the USB connection,starting to wonder if it comes with it at all,for what its worth i just cannot believe it doesn't have a USB connection or if it has where is it .lol
    This thread is old.Anyway, did you look in the armrest?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Unhappy

yes i've look in the arm rest and everywhere,i think when i got the nav sat they cancelled it out.thanks any way

Quote Originally Posted by shanks2518 View Post
    The nav units do not come with a USB.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1