speaker help - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on speaker help within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; ok so i took him to best buy, he picked the exact one you were telling me about! haha thanks ...

ok so i took him to best buy, he picked the exact one you were telling me about! haha

thanks so much for all your help guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stigirlfriend View Post
    ok so i took him to best buy, he picked the exact one you were telling me about! haha

thanks so much for all your help guys!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Hey sorry, didnt log in until just now. I got it from crutchfield.com. It was tax free, no shipping cost, came with free install kit, and it came in 22 hours from the time I ordered it.

Which one did he want, the pioneer one? Or one someone had mentioned earlier?
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

nope, the pioneer one, the one you told me about. and i think im gonna get it off of crutchfield too. im gonna look around on ebay and such to see if i can get any lower of a price but right now that seems to be the only price i can find. thank you so much! you guys all helped a ton!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by d_Ziggy_2000 View Post
    haha okay.. its the sedan.. so its 4 doors with a trunk.. not 4 doors and the hatch in back right?
    The sti only came in sedan 04-07.

Factory speaker sizes are 5.25"front and 4" rear. Most upgrade to 6.5" front and 5.25" rear

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

New WRX

Hey, I just picked up my 2010 WRX. I love the way this car moves but it has a very ****ty sound system. I was wondering if the Alpine S and the Pioneers people are mentioning fit on the 2010 model as well. If anyone has any other suggestions as to which speakers to get I would love to hear it, I am looking to spend no more the $300 on speakers. My buddy and I will install it ourselves. Will the speakers add a richer deeper sound (a bit more base) or do i need to get a sub w/ amp in the future? Thanks for all the help. I am really amped to be a new WRX owner!

in addition

Not to sound to like a noob but does changing the head unit and speakers void some warranties?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Machine
    Not to sound to like a noob but does changing the head unit and speakers void some warranties?
    If the dealership was inspecting an electrical issue, and determined that your install was the cause, they could deny that warranty claim.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

So basically, if the dealership was shady they could definetely blame an electrical issue on the fact that the car has none subaru parts ex: deck and/or speakers.

Should I change the deck or the speakers first?

Deck. The problem is the current deck isnt providing enough power. A newer unit with a few more watts coming out will make the current speakers sound better than you might think
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Machine View Post
    So basically, if the dealership was shady they could definetely blame an electrical issue on the fact that the car has none subaru parts ex: deck and/or speakers.

Should I change the deck or the speakers first?

No, if the dealership is shady they will just steal your deck and your speakers, along with your shift knob or whatever other non-factory parts are in/on your car. Then when you ask where your stuff is they will point to the sign in the service department that states they are not responsible for personal property left in your vehicle.

Believe it or not, I have heard of this happening on multiple occasions. Not to mention the fact that my car was broken into and robbed the last time it was at the dealership.

(definitely get a deck first)

replacement door speakers

can someone suggest an aftermarket speaker that will fit the front doors on an '03 sedan? I was chatting with a crutchfield rep, and they could not find a replacement speaker that would fit. Has anyone upgraded without problems with speaker depth/hitting the windows?

any makes/models would be greatly appreciated! I've already got a new HU, hifonics amps, subs, and this is the last upgrade on my list!

I would simply amplify the existing speakers, but according to crutchfield the power handling is only 30W per speaker.

Almost any normal 6 1/2" speaker will fit with spacers. If it is a speaker with an abnormally deep basket or very large magnet then you might have issues with the windows, otherwise it will fit fine.

It's hard to give a recommendation without a price range in mind. If you are looking at spending <$50 then I would personally recommend Infinity Reference. If you're looking for a speaker around $300 then I would recommend Hybrid Audio Imagine series.
    Last edited by MainFrame; 07-25-2010 at 08:48 PM.

speaker adapters

just some info for anyone looking to upgrade their front or rear speakers. I found this ebay seller who sells nothing but speaker adapters for all makes/models. he has adapters for most subaru models.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_1243wt_939

they are guaranteed to fit without hitting the door panel. i can upgrade my front speakers to 6.5" and rear speakers to 5.25". just watch out for depth. i think stock depth is 1.73" for the front doors, so with these adapters most aftermarket replacements should fit.

this is the only place i have found adapters like these, and they will last/fit much better than cutting out MDF wood.

Just so we're all clear, you don't need spacers to put 5.25" speakers in the rear. They drop right in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234