speaker help - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on speaker help within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Haha alright.. well most wrx's are 6 1/2 inch speakers in the front and 4 inch speakers in the back.. ...

Haha alright.. well most wrx's are 6 1/2 inch speakers in the front and 4 inch speakers in the back.. from all the places i have read.. this one is no exception =) and the pic didnt really work
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

shoot. this is so difficult!

and okay.. i may just tell him to pick them out and i'll buy them for him so i dont screw it up. is it a lot about personal preference or are they all kinda the same?

They are all going to be personal preference... take him to like best buy and have him listen to the different sounds of them and see what he likes... its not really that hard.. those are going to be most likely the right sizes.. you can goole it for yourself if you want... but i'll tell you.. that the alpine type S will make the sound ALOT better... i promise you that... he will definitly hear the difference right away

yeah i totally trust you on that, i just read like reviews on them and a lot of people said they had to do modifications to make them fit? but i dont know how it would all work in his car and i know he wont want to change like his doors or anything.

so they have car speakers at best buy but you think i should buy them online cause they cost less- good to know
    and 6&1/2 and 4 inches- also good to know.
    you have been awesome! thank you so much for the help!

Well alot of people do modify the doors... but i didnt... i just got 7/8 inch spacers for them... and padded around so it sealed the speaker better to make it sound better...

if you take it to a place to install them.. they would probably do it all for him.. but that is up to you guys...

i have always done my stereo's (and all my friend's as well) just because i'm used to it and i find it fun.. haha

yeah i think he'll take it to a place, i doubt he knows how to install em and i'd probably just do those things you were talking about if they work.

you said earlier installation was about 100?
    and you think i could find the speakers for about 200 total?

well the ones i just got.. for all 4 were bout 200 after shipping.. and depends on the place... try going to bestbuy and ask them if you can get a deal on getting them and setting them all up in your car... haha maybe they will get it all for you for 300... you arent up in wa state are ya? cuz i could do it.. or have some of my buddies at bestbuy installing to do it if i'm not qualified enough.. =P

I Support ClubWRX
    Copied from the post I made in your other thread....

6.5" or 5.25" COMPONENT speakers up front (this includes a separate tweeter instead of built in.) 5.25" or 4" in the rear. fronts will need this spacer for the 6.5's though:

http://www.iaperformance.com/product...oducts_id=1482

If you're wanting to spend less than $300... you can either get mid range for front and rear... or get a really nice set of fronts and either get some lower end rears or not even touch the rears.

I'd spend about 150-175 up front on some 6.5" components with crossover. And about 100 in the rear. The rears can be either the 4" or 5.25's, but the speaker selection for 4"s is very small, and actually costs more than the 5.25's in general because not as many are made.

Good luck!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Also.... Don't stick with a particular brand... With speaker stuff... branding is bullcrap. There are certain brands that have a great reputation from having amazing high end stuff but the low and mid level stuff is horrible. Then there are no name brands with great midlevel stuff and horrible high end stuff. Then there are other brands with amazing midlevel stuff and their high end stuff isn't much better.

If I were you, I'd go listen to speakers at a cartoys, or quality auto sound, best buy, etc before you actually buy anything.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Ok I will definitely take him to a best buy, thank you so much.

& unfortunately i dont, i live in chicago so itd be quite the drive to seattle haha sorry. but you guys have been so much help! i will take him to best buy and have him listen to a bunch and just have him choose which ones he likes best, it sounds like thats the easiest and best way too do it. hes really picky about his car so i dont want to drop 300 dollars on speakers that he doesnt like haha

thank you again!

one more question-

do you think if i went to a subaru dealership and talked to them about it they would be able to help me out? you guys have been a huge help but maybe talking to someone in person would help me out more. or do you think those guys dont know enough on STI's?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    In my experience the people at the dealership know next to nothing about anything aftermarket for the car, including things like stereo upgrades.

They will however act as if they know and make up a bunch of lies so that they seem more knowledgeable about the subject. How they can work at a car dealership and yet know so little about the actual cars is beyond me.

oh really? ugh... thats annoying. so you also think going to a best buy or some kind of car store would be the safest idea?

do any of you have any other suggestions on what modifications i could pay for for him?

he used to have an evo and he put thousands into it but then he had to sell it and he got his STI and has only done a few mods, he's been talking about speakers but if theyre too expensive or i cant find ones that are worth it do you guys know of anything for around 300 dollars that you know an STI owner would want?

I Support ClubWRX
    I browsed over the thread, but didn't read it too much just a heads up...

For $300, I'd look into just buying a new head unit. I know you said you wanted speakers for him, but maybe think into getting a new head unit. $300 will buy you a good deck. I'd do that over speakers personally.

If you want to do speakers, don't touch the rears in my opinion. Do front speakers.

Does he have a navigation unit or anything?

Does the $300 include installation or is he going to do it you think?

...Great girlfriend by the way =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.