red and white plugs

This is a discussion on red and white plugs within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; so I was reading around on here about head units and remembered when I took my shifter boot out to ...

red and white plugs

so I was reading around on here about head units and remembered when I took my shifter boot out to clean it I found a red and white component cable. It wasn't plugged into the hu and I couldn't find it in the trunk. My question is is this from someone else having a sub in the trunk- I couldn't find any wires in the trunk believe me. Or is it something to do with the oem subs that I read about. I don't think I have one but what does that wire go to?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You mean RCA cables? Where do they lead? The stock player did not have preamp outs via RCA, and the stock subwoofer did not used standard audio connections. One guess would be the cables are for an MP3 device; another is for subs or an amp like you said.

EDIT: Above true for bugeye cars.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 06-16-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I'm sure if someone put in an aftermarket amp and subs they should've done a line drop off the back speakers for the RCA cords if its a stock HU...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    It's rare, but not as rare as it seems, to just open up the stock unit and do some soldering to make an aux in.

Hook a volt meter up to them and see if there is anything coming out. Would help you know if it's an 'outtie' or an 'innie' RCA connection. Don't rely on it being male/female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

They're both male ends and they don't seem to reach all the way up to the hu but i didn't pull on them too hard either. And yes they are rca cables. i'm not sure where they lead if you pull up the shifter boot trim they go back under the center concole and from there idk i wanted to ask on here before i rip all my carpet up to find where one wire goes haha

I Support ClubWRX
    Well the thing has to go somewhere. Not much of a choice but to chase it around. Maybe it had a sound system in it before, and he just put the stock one back in but left some wiring in it.

They run under the driver seat by chance? Could have been an aftermarket powered sub under there or something.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

well i found that if you grab the ends of them it makes a white noise sound over the speakers...so its an input not sure how though...im pulling the deck next week and putting in a nice new one...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx603 View Post
    im pulling the deck next week and putting in a nice new one...

Enjoy it. I love having a new head unit.
    2011 STi Build Log

so i pulled the head unit today... and those plugs went into the back of the stock deck.... so maybe its a non original yet still oem deck?