Thinking of replacing HU
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Thinking of replacing HU within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi Guys , Does anyone have the pioneer AVIC-U310BT HU ? Amazon has it for 9. Sounds like a good ...

Banned

Thinking of replacing HU

Hi Guys ,
    Does anyone have the pioneer AVIC-U310BT HU ?
    Amazon has it for $259. Sounds like a good deal. If anyone does , please show a photo (if possible) and your review .

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ralph958 View Post
    Hi Guys ,
    Does anyone have the pioneer AVIC-U310BT HU ?
    Amazon has it for $259. Sounds like a good deal. If anyone does , please show a photo (if possible) and your review .

thanks
    I don't have that model HU but I did just install a Pioneer in my 02 WRX. Subaru's are extremely easy to upgrade HU's. Should be a piece of cake. Hardest part is trying to figure out how to set up your new deck .

I would recommend a sub to go along with that. REALLY improves overall sound quality.
    02 Silver WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are experienced with car audio, then I would probably disregard this post, haha. I don't know much about specific subaru audio to be honest, but just in general have a couple points.

-Keep in mind with upgrading the head unit, it will sound better, but most stock speakers will not keep up with an after market head unit. They will almost certainly blow and/or not sound nearly as good as possible. You can always put the head unit in, and then replace speakers later, assuming you don't have a bose type system in a car (heaven forbid, otherwise you gotta start from scratch basically). Just have to make sure the wiring is okay. Too thin of a wire will cause your lights to dim from increased current in a nutshell.

-Pioneer head units are pretty staple bets. They are pretty well known and you can always find info for them too. I am not sure about your specific model, but a general rule of thumb I have found is to check the # of preouts (RCA jacks) in the back. Entry level only come with 1, advanced models come with normally up to 3. Basically the preouts allow you to use amplifiers instead of the internal head unit amplifiers.

-That being said, there are a couple things you should consider. Are you going to use aftermarket speakers? Are you going to want any decent power from them? Subwoofer? The set up gets slightly complicated with each thing you tack on, but in my opinion car audio is 100% worth the effort if you can get it all worked out. Watch out for ground noise in advance.

Cheap sounding stereos drive me nuts. I moved my good one out of my caddy into my astro van when the caddy died. I get some pretty nasty looks from other people, but it sounds better (SQ) at normal listening levels, and if I feel like making my ears bleed (or even just have the windows down in that stupid van), will blow most of the honda punks' and their cheap stereos outta the water. I'd suggest some more advanced reading or I could do a simple writeup if anybody is interesting if you plan on proceeding much further.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.