/bluetooth solution for '10 STI base

This is a discussion on /bluetooth solution for '10 STI base within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hello, I just picked up a '10 STI base OBX this evening. I love the car! I'm driving her like ...

/bluetooth solution for '10 STI base

Hello,

I just picked up a '10 STI base OBX this evening. I love the car! I'm driving her like a wuss until I break her in. This morning, I returned my '06 G35 6MT which I loved, but wanted to try an AWD with comparable if not superior performance.

The only options it has is the fog lights and Sirius radio. As far as creature comforts are concerned, the STI is quite spartan as compared to my G35. The only feature that I miss from my G35 is the integrated bluetooth which came standard back in 2006. I don't understand why it's not a standard feature in a $40k + taxes (Canada) car.

I was wondering what other members had as far as an integrated solution is concerned. I do not want to change HU. I've been quoted $399 + taxes (installed) for a Parrot PS7100. Has anyone had any experience with this model? All feedback will be much appreciated.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by taranch View Post
    Hello,

I just picked up a '10 STI base OBX this evening. I love the car! I'm driving her like a wuss until I break her in. This morning, I returned my '06 G35 6MT which I loved, but wanted to try an AWD with comparable if not superior performance.

The only options it has is the fog lights and Sirius radio. As far as creature comforts are concerned, the STI is quite spartan as compared to my G35. The only feature that I miss from my G35 is the integrated bluetooth which came standard back in 2006. I don't understand why it's not a standard feature in a $40k + taxes (Canada) car.

I was wondering what other members had as far as an integrated solution is concerned. I do not want to change HU. I've been quoted $399 + taxes (installed) for a Parrot PS7100. Has anyone had any experience with this model? All feedback will be much appreciated.

Cheers
    I have an '09 Sti and you will notice that the stock stereo sounds like crap. Its not the speakers as much as the head unit. Get something like the touch screen pioneer AVH-P4200. I love mine. To get it with the steering wheel controls to work and bluetooth are separate modules but well worth it. I know you said you didnt want to change the head unit but if you are already paying $399 its well worth it. Just something to consider. It makes the stock speakers sound 100 times better.
    '09 Sti

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel79 View Post
    I have an '09 Sti and you will notice that the stock stereo sounds like crap. Its not the speakers as much as the head unit. Get something like the touch screen pioneer AVH-P4200. I love mine. To get it with the steering wheel controls to work and bluetooth are separate modules but well worth it. I know you said you didnt want to change the head unit but if you are already paying $399 its well worth it. Just something to consider. It makes the stock speakers sound 100 times better.
    Here in Canada, that setup will run you approximately $1200 if you want the unit to have bluetooth and Sirius.

Too much money to spend in a leased vehicle.

Cheers

Here in Canada, that setup will run you approximately $1200 if you want the unit to have bluetooth and Sirius.

Too much money to spend in a leased vehicle.

Cheers
    Ahhh. I didn't realize it was a leased car... if thats the case Ive never tried one of those bluetooth visor clip on mount things for $50 but $399 is a bit much for a leased car as well. There are those "as seen on tv' cig lighter things that play through your stereo as well but they are prob junk too but never tried one.
    Last edited by Nigel79; 05-01-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    '09 Sti

Ahhh. I didn't realize it was a leased car... if thats the case Ive never tried one of those bluetooth visor clip on mount things for $50 but $399 is a bit much for a leased car as well.
    $400 is steep, but I'm really used to having integrated bluetooth in my car.

Btw, where are you from? I see you get a buttload of snow in your necks.

Cheers

$400 is steep, but I'm really used to having integrated bluetooth in my car.

Btw, where are you from? I see you get a buttload of snow in your necks.

Cheers
    Unfortunately im from Michigan. I was going to transfer down south for my job but damn women get in the way Michigan is great if you like the change of seasons but I hate the winters up here and the lack of sunshine. I know where your coming from with the "used to having certain options" I traded my '08 lexus for this Sti. I dont regret it but there are a thousand luxury options not available that i used to have
    '09 Sti

Unfortunately im from Michigan. I was going to transfer down south for my job but damn women get in the way Michigan is great if you like the change of seasons but I hate the winters up here and the lack of sunshine. I know where your coming from with the "used to having certain options" I traded my '08 lexus for this Sti. I dont regret it but there are a thousand luxury options not available that i used to have
    I hear ya!!! I'd move somewhere south in a heart beat if I could. I am missing the creature-comforts, but I will definitely enjoy the positives of this little beast. Especially in the snow. I loved my rear-wheeled drive G35 coupe, but the lack of traction was a ***** sometimes. Especially in deep snow or icy roads.

Cheers

Anyone else has had experience with the Parrot products?

Cheers