03 WRX- mp3 signal options- ? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 03 WRX- mp3 signal options- ? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by MainFrame In the front I am running 6.5" Infinity Kappa Reference coaxials off the amp. I think ...

1x2
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    In the front I am running 6.5" Infinity Kappa Reference coaxials off the amp. I think I payed $40 for them. The rear doors have Sony Xplod 5.25" coaxials running off the rear channel of the HU. Then I have 5"x7" Cerwin Vega coaxials in the rear deck running off the amp.

I also have some Kenwood tweeters installed in the front doors, but I unhooked them because they're just too harsh with that much power running to them.

And the good ol Boss Audio BASS600 installed under the driver's seat. It was great when I was running everything off of HU power, but with the amp hooked up to the other speakers it just can't keep up.

I'm planning on putting a set of Hybrid Audio Imagine series components in the front doors and building custom mounts to put the Infinity's in the rear deck when I've got the time/money. Of course that'll be after I dyno mat the entire car.. so who knows when I'll actually get around to it.
    Oh, that's how
    Last edited by 1x2; 05-23-2010 at 12:32 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1x2
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If you have a bugeye car with an antenna that is on the left side top pillar, so that you can reach it when driving, all you need to do to maximize FM reception from a MP3 FM transmitter attached to your player is to place the player in the centre console below the ash tray, and retract the antenna fully so that it does not protrude at all from the car. This will minimize the signal from any FM source except the one in your car -- your MP3 player. Should get rid of all hiss etc. Try it.
    Thanks for the idea. I tried it- still does it, about every 10 minutes I get about 3-4 minutes of what sounds like spark plug wire interference- it isn't, because the interference doesn't vary with the revs, but it sounds like that. I've tried messing with the placement of the player and the transmitter, to no avail. I haven't touched the stock wiring of anything, or added any other electrical stuff, and it doesn't exhibit that noise when playing tapes/cd/radio from the HU, so it's gotta be the transmitter. I'm bummed- but-

I've got some good leads on replacement units from the guys above. I was thinking of putting in a power amp, but now think I'll just go with a strong aftermarket piece with usb and aux in in the front. That should fix it, and I should get a little more power out of it. I don't know how to measure it, but the factory HU sound like ~15w rms. A unit with 20w should sound good without blowing the voice coils out of the factory speakers; the car came with the factory subwoofer, so whatever the premium system was in 2003, I've got it.

Thanks,
    1x2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.