Suggestions for Upgrade

This is a discussion on Suggestions for Upgrade within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi, I already upgraded my headunit to the Pioneer AVH 4200 and front speakers to Alpine coaxial 6 1/2. I ...

Suggestions for Upgrade

Hi,

I already upgraded my headunit to the Pioneer AVH 4200 and front speakers to Alpine coaxial 6 1/2. I kinda want it to be stronger, but I don't want to spend too much money. Should I:

1) Upgrade rear speakers, add sub, and pick up 2 amps (4 channel, mono amp)

2) Get 4 channel amp and subwoofer. (use 2 channels for fronts and 2 to power the sub)

or another suggestion.

thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry Im just curious-- did you hook up the park brake wire correctly, bypass it, or just leave it unhooked? I just got the AVH 3200 and for right now, the video function is just not available cause I havent done anything with that wire, just wondering what you did.

Wish I knew more about amps and channels to give you advice there but I dont
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

what size are the rear speakers? i know the stock speakers in the 06 are like 3.5 or something like that, and they are positioned terribly. in all honesty i don't think its worth spending money on those speakers.

my ideal set up would be to relocate my speakers to the rear deck ( i have a sedan), get a 4 channel and one 10in sub.

in your case i'd amp the front speakers, get a sub, and just forget you even have speakers in the rear doors, so I choose a combo of suggestion 1 and 2.

OR....try to fit the biggest speakers in your rear door that you possibly can, cut/chop/fiberglass and fit some 6.5's, and maybe angle them up and to the front.

OR... do some sort of creative custom set up to reposition the speakers and get a 4 channel amp.

ohh...and get a separate amp for the subs, it'll sound much better.
    Last edited by abhiwan; 04-09-2010 at 05:27 AM.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by Graham46 View Post
    Sorry Im just curious-- did you hook up the park brake wire correctly, bypass it, or just leave it unhooked? I just got the AVH 3200 and for right now, the video function is just not available cause I havent done anything with that wire, just wondering what you did.

Wish I knew more about amps and channels to give you advice there but I dont
    when i did mine i just grounded the wire. some of them you have to ground it through a switch. unless you have gps then its more complicated
    2010 WRX H/B
    stage 2 cobb access port, invidia down pipe and a turboxs cat back