XM Radio

This is a discussion on XM Radio within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey y'all I purchased an 05 Jetta GLI as my daily driver. I purchased a new pioneer headunit and xm ...

I Support ClubWRX

XM Radio

Hey y'all I purchased an 05 Jetta GLI as my daily driver. I purchased a new pioneer headunit and xm radio add on. I was wondering if any of you knew if it is possible to just use the factory antanae? I really do not want to add another antenae to the car, but I already have xm.. Might as well use it.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think so. Our Honda has distinct antennae for terrestrial and satellite radio. That's not to say someone hasn't developed some sort of adapter, but out of the box my best guess is "no."

BTW the soul and blues stations on XM rule IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    What I was thinking is that the 05.5 jetta or the Mkv has a single antenae and has xm and normal. However the normal could just be a part of the rear window like most honda's now.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's exactly what our Honda uses -- a window etched line for terrestrial radio and a dorsal bump for satellite. I don't think works setups come with just one aerial but again, I am willing to bet people have tried to solve this and there may be stuff out there?
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Otherwise I think I'll just put it on the trunk lid. I am hoping for a better antenna tho. How the hell do you spell antenna?
    Last edited by T0rque; 02-28-2010 at 02:37 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Otherwise I think I'll just put it on the trunk lid. I am hoping for a better antenae tho. How the he'll do you spell antenae?
    At least in anatomy, antenna is singular and antennae are more than one.