2010 sti Stereo headunit questions..

This is a discussion on 2010 sti Stereo headunit questions.. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Im getting the ipod interface w/ the car, but was wondering: 1. I'll be getting an aftermarket stereo, do they ...

2010 sti Stereo headunit questions..

Im getting the ipod interface w/ the car, but was wondering:

1. I'll be getting an aftermarket stereo, do they work w/ the ipod interface from subaru or should i cancel the interface?

2. Do aftermarket stereo's work w/ the steering wheel controls?

3. Do they make aftermarket stereo's that allow you control of your ipod from the stereo unit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you are putting in an aftermarket stereo, your Ipod interface from Subaru will be useless, and it will not work with any radios non subaru that I am aware of.

If a stereo controls the ipod is totally up to the type you get, mine runs the ipod and plays video from the ipod, so it's the limit of your stereo's ability to interface with the ipod.

Yes you can use an aftermarket adaptor to keep your steering wheel controls. I have mine working with my aftermarket stereo, and it's just as good as having the original stereo, as they work flawlessly.