Sound Questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sound Questions within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; So i am new to owning a 2002 wrx, i have had mine for about a month now, and i ...

Sound Questions

So i am new to owning a 2002 wrx, i have had mine for about a month now, and i have a few questions about the audio.
    - Does the stock speakers have tweeters? Im thinking that from the grills in the doors by the handles.
    -Do most people swap out the speakers because they dont seem that great?
    -And whats the best deal for a sub enclosure, do i just get one that is premade and just set it in my trunk, or do i get one that is built for the car? i dont want to spend more then 80 bucks on the enclosure, so what have you guys found as the best thing in that case?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a 07 WRX TR, the stock speakers are really just in the car so they can say it has a sound system in it. The headunit was junk too.

you can get a box on ebay from 150 bucks for a MDF drop for duals, or 350 for a fiberglass stealthbox. you may be able to find a used one for under 100 on the for sale section in the forum.

My 02 came with tweaters...and the stock system really sucks. The first thing i did was replace the deck and the speakers.

For a sub box you can probably find one in the classifieds for around $50 or less. To get one made for the car you are going to be a lot more then that. What are your goals for the set up...lots of bass, more clean and crisp..ect?
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.