Help with door speakers for 2010 WRX

This is a discussion on Help with door speakers for 2010 WRX within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey all, I am going to be buying a 2010 WRX sedan (base, not premium) next month and from what ...

Help with door speakers for 2010 WRX

Hey all,

I am going to be buying a 2010 WRX sedan (base, not premium) next month and from what I have read I am pretty set on replacing the factory stereo. I have pretty much decided on a Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT head unit, but I could use some advice on what to replace the front and rear door speakers with. Actually, I don't even know what size (inches) they are. Also, I have read that not all speakers will fit because there is a lack of room between the door and the interior door panel, is that the case? Any help/suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They are 6.5 inch and change that POS head unit..i have a 2010 premium and have the alpine w 203/p1 and the sound is much bettrr now. I would say change the headunit then see if the speakers are a priority... I found i would rathr spend the money on other parts instead

That's 6.5 inches front and back?

yes 6.5 front and back, go with JLC2650X, nice price, great sound and pretty much a direct fit.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

JLC2650X - Spacers?

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    yes 6.5 front and back, go with JLC2650X, nice price, great sound and pretty much a direct fit.
    Hey Binjoau,

What kind of spacers did you use? I tried the JLC2650X in my sedan, and they didn't fit the front at all (too deep). According to Crutchfield, GM 1/2 spacers will work in the WRX Sedan, but I wasn't sure if these speakers would still be too deep.

If you have a recommended spacer brand/model config that you used to get these in, please let me know.

Thanks.