Set On New Head Unit... ('09) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Set On New Head Unit... ('09) within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by ohemgeeitsNiko NICE SOCKS! You cant expect me to wear dirty shoes inside the car?? Youre crazy. The ...

Quote Originally Posted by ohemgeeitsNiko View Post
    NICE SOCKS!
    You cant expect me to wear dirty shoes inside the car?? Youre crazy.

The one bad thing about modifying is that if you do your stuck with it most of the time. Instead you could spend the small amount of money upfront to get it done without major modification. Then if you ever want to return to stock you will have a much better time.

Just a thought, but if you arent worried about modding, or ever returning to stock, whip out the dremel. The K5 has had a ton of "dremel" work, except its more in the line of an angle grinder, MIG welding, and a hammer...
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So just an update... I got my stereo in the mail today and I was putting together the dash kit and everything and tried fitting the head unit into it and found out that it was too big?! I gave myself a headache b/c this didn't seem possible. I called up Crutchfield and was on the phone with them for a half hour and the customer service rep. went and found the dash kit and stereo to see for himself and the stereo was 7in. wide and the opening on the dash kit was about 6.7in. wide. I was so pissed! So now I have to send everything back and get a refund. He said someone must have missed this some where and never noticed that the dash kit wasn't wide enough for DINs.
    2009 Subaru WRX (Hatch/Satin White Pearl) (*SOLD!*)

Hmm, that seems really odd? It was the correct part number and everything? Is there another kit that they are going to send you that is supposed to work?

Could you use a dremel and shave some of the overlap off??

That really stinks! I hope everything works out... and fast!
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

He was asking me if I could sand it down to make it fit too but I told him I wasn't going to do that. I told him it should fit automatically, I shouldn't have shave it down and risk cracking the plastic to make it fit. And right now there is no other dash kit to send me... I dunno how they missed this one! lol. Guess I'm stuck with the stock system.
    2009 Subaru WRX (Hatch/Satin White Pearl) (*SOLD!*)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12