subwoofer placement
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on subwoofer placement within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I've been experimenting with subwoofer placement inside my 03 WRX. the dang trunk is so airtight, and has so much ...

subwoofer placement

I've been experimenting with subwoofer placement inside my 03 WRX. the dang trunk is so airtight, and has so much metal/support structure that hardly any bass reaches the cabin ... unless you fold down the middle armrest in the backseat. any ideas on getting better sound with a sub in the trunk? I've thought about putting 4 inch ports in my rear deck, but not sure if that would help, and I'm not ready to cut it up until I have some idea of the result. right now I'm using two bass tubes w 8" JL audio subs on the floor behind the front seats, and so far this has sounded best. not so good as far as looks tho. anyone have any ideas here?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not sure how much room you have, but maybe custom fab a box to go under the the front seats... You would probably have to go with something smaller then JL... From what I remember they are pretty deep running subs...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

im running 2 Fosgate 15's and have them facing into the cabin. i get pretty good sound with the arm rest up but when its down good god. Are you against putting the arm rest down?
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

not against leaving the armrest down, but one thing ... I'm in a manual sports wheelchair that comes apart, collapses, and fits in the back seats. it's just that leaving it down makes it more of a pain in the butt to put the wheels/frame into the back. I was hoping someone had tried porting their rear deck, as I am thinking about trying. getting bass to come thru that heavy-duty back seat is near impossible unless you give it a way out heh. I could make a custom enclosure to fit right behind the front seats, and face the subs up. back-seat passengers wouldn't like it much, but then again I rarely have more than one passenger anyways.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.