Pics. of New Head Unit ('08-'10)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pics. of New Head Unit ('08-'10) within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey guys I'm still really irritated with the sound that the stock stereo produces in my '09 Rex but I ...

Pics. of New Head Unit ('08-'10)

Hey guys I'm still really irritated with the sound that the stock stereo produces in my '09 Rex but I like the look of the stock unit so I'm not sure if I want to get an aftermarket stereo or not. Also having the take off the face plate and put it on all the time so the damn thing doesn't get stolen is a P.I.T.A.... anyways I'm also worried about how dumb a diff. unit will look in that large space. Does anyone have any pics. of theirs installed?
    2009 Subaru WRX (Hatch/Satin White Pearl) (*SOLD!*)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get a double din...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I just got a Garmin GPS for X-Mas so I don't really need an all in one unit anymore.

It doesnt have to have GPS... It would be less expensive without it... I hate how I have to stick my garmin to the window... I want an all in one unit to get rid of that...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Yeah it is much more convenient to have everything all in one but I don't mind the GPS being on the window... I don't have to look down to look at it. I stick mine on the left hand side of my steering wheel.. fits pretty well there and looks good too.

Here are a few shots of mine!

2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim620X View Post
    Yeah it is much more convenient to have everything all in one but I don't mind the GPS being on the window... I don't have to look down to look at it. I stick mine on the left hand side of my steering wheel.. fits pretty well there and looks good too.
    Not all double dins are Nav units. And just because it has a removable faceplate, doesn't mean it can't get stolen.

Pioneer has a really cool double din... It has a removable face plate... The great thing about the removable face plate as it doubles as a GPS... So you can take the face plate into say your girlfriends car and use the GPS... even comes with a separate mount so you can place it on the window... It has a small screen but still pretty good idea...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

I like the idea of having a separate GPS unit for sure. Thats why I didnt get one installed in the car. For the price and quality of a separate unit, it is worth to just get that alone. Then you can get a higher quality head unit focused on sound quality alone!
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/interi...elp-sub-2.html

i have a doubble din pioneer head unit and i love it!! no nav cause i dont need it but its got bluetooth which works great and usb input which i also love

the last couple of pics in post 17 of that thread^^ are it installed, looks stock, no removable faceplate
    and post #16 has a link to the pioneer site of the h.u.
    the sound is spectacular compared to the stock h.u. very customizable with a great equalizer and other features like sound retriever (makes crappy quality mp3's sound muuuch better)

-Alex
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed

Quote Originally Posted by mexicanzero View Post
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/interi...elp-sub-2.html

i have a doubble din pioneer head unit and i love it!! no nav cause i dont need it but its got bluetooth which works great and usb input which i also love

the last couple of pics in post 17 of that thread^^ are it installed, looks stock, no removable faceplate
    and post #16 has a link to the pioneer site of the h.u.
    the sound is spectacular compared to the stock h.u. very customizable with a great equalizer and other features like sound retriever (makes crappy quality mp3's sound muuuch better)

-Alex

I was actually looking at that unit the other day on Best Buy's website. Looks pretty nice and got great reviews. I hafta stop in there one day and check it out in person. I can't deal with this stock unit for too much longer. Even my friend who owns an '07 Impreza swapped his stereo right away because it sucked. Man I miss the stereo in my '07 Si, that thing sounded so good for stock!

i dont know how things work over there but my best buy was selling it for 500$ i think(canadian) and i was able to get it off ebay for like 300$ or less i dont remember brand new and even after shipping and price exchange i saved like 150-200$, just keep that in mind but it really is a great unit for the money with spectacular sound...

my buddy's base 2000 hyundai accent had a better sounding stereo than my 03 stock for stock...

are you/have you changed your speakers? i dont know what the newer wrxs have for speakers but my 03 had 4" in the rear and 5.25 in the front and they were **** too, most stock speakers arent great... so i got a decent kit to fit 6.5 in the front and 5.25 in the rear and i didnt even have to cut anything it was all bolt on...

-Alex
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed

Wasn't really planning on changing the speakers out.. heard just with a new head unit it helps it quite a huge bit. Don't really want to have the car torn apart too much. Especially since I don't really trust those install people with my car anyways.

I am looking for stereo options too. I want to keep the headunit but change the speakers and add a sub. Does anyone make an underseat sub like the OEM one but better or at least less expensive. I don't mind paying $250 for one if it is quality.

Quote Originally Posted by mtpisgah View Post
    I am looking for stereo options too. I want to keep the headunit but change the speakers and add a sub. Does anyone make an underseat sub like the OEM one but better or at least less expensive. I don't mind paying $250 for one if it is quality.
    If you want real quality it will certainly be more than $250 Also, you should very seriously consider upgrading your headunit. You will have a lot more options available to you with an aftermarket headunit. You will have much better sound quality. if you really want a sub a headunit is a must, you can hook a sub up without it but you have almost no separate options for the subwoofer. I know pioneer makes some flat subwoofers that may fit underseat but not like the oem ones. You will also need an amp for the sub. Which is another significant cost if you want a "quality" system.
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast