DVD switch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on DVD switch within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have a switch to hook up so my dvd player works while I drive but im not sure what ...

DVD switch

I have a switch to hook up so my dvd player works while I drive but im not sure what wires to use besides the one that runs the dvd. I need some help on what wires to use that are easy to get to and that will run power to my switch?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My unit works if I ground my parking brake sensor wire.

However, I don't recommend it. It's illegal, dangerous, and really not that useful anyway.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Devil View Post
    I have a switch to hook up so my dvd player works while I drive but im not sure what wires to use besides the one that runs the dvd. I need some help on what wires to use that are easy to get to and that will run power to my switch?
    what type of unit do you have?

alpine 203

I have the alpine 203. I actually figured it out the other day and got it all hooked up. it was pretty simple I just ran a ground and a power then the dvd wire and it works.

I Support ClubWRX
    The newer head units from Pioneer (like mine) require you to set, release, and set the park brake again. So ground no ground ground, before they work. I have to mount a switch to flip a few times.

Glad you got it worked out though.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by azWRX06 View Post
    The newer head units from Pioneer (like mine) require you to set, release, and set the park brake again. So ground no ground ground, before they work. I have to mount a switch to flip a few times.

Glad you got it worked out though.
    for you above^^^ buy a dei 451 m on ebay email me

at keegur@yahoo.com i can bypass almost any headunit.

im telling you to email me so this is not posted for the world to see

I have to push in my brake flip the switch on off on let out the break then it will work to where I can play videos while I drive Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.