New HU, sub, amp install question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New HU, sub, amp install question within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey, I am installing a Pioneer FH-8000bt head unit, a Rockford Fosgate amp and a JL 12 inch sub in ...

New HU, sub, amp install question

Hey,
    I am installing a Pioneer FH-8000bt head unit, a Rockford Fosgate amp and a JL 12 inch sub in a 2004 wrx wagon. My question is about the amplifier wiring kit. I see rockford sells the RFK8 and RFK8i, the only difference being the RFK8i has an interconnect. Basically, what is an interconnect and do I need one? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i am not a professional but from what i can tell from rockfords website what you are calling an interconnect is the 20ft rca cable. that is the only difference i see in the kits on there site.
    if thats what you are talking about then yes you do need it. the cable sends the audio signal from your headunit to the amp it is necassary. if you want one of these kits i would go with the RFK8i. hope it helps you and if i am wrong about this then sorry but i compared the kits on there site.
    Last edited by irvin787878; 12-15-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

Hey bro thanks alot for the help!

+1 on the difference being the rca cable and it being necessary

are you swapping your speakers out too?
    i've got the same h.u. in my 03 and just that with decent speakers made a world of difference,
    i didnt realise how gross the stockers were until i took them out... and then i really realised how much they sucked once i got better speakers in and heard the difference.

-Alex

Hey, yeah I actually already swapped out my stock speakers for Polk Audio. 6.5 in the front, 5.25 in the rear. It made a HUGE difference. Do you use the bluetooth or integrated ipod feature with your Pioneer HU?

i use the bluetooth daily n i love it!
    as for the ipod... i dont have one... but i use the usb jack with an old sony 20 gig mp3 player basically as if its just a big thumb drive. much more convenient having the controls at the h.u rather than having to go through the mp3 player.

-Alex

p.s. i'm jealous of you polk speakers... cant get those round here and i couldnt wait when i did mine. got some decent blaupunkts tho and dont regret it but i just love polk

Well, hey any aftermarket speakers are better than the stock ones! Thanks for your help man.

what r you planning on doing with your sub. not sure if you saw these yet or not. its for your sub if it would work for your car and brand of sub. its alittle pricey but it makes a really clean install and saves trunk space.
    02-07 Subaru WRX Wagon 12 Inch Perfect Fit Enclosure?
    just thought you would like to see an option for the sub.
    Last edited by irvin787878; 12-16-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

Nah I never saw that before. I bought my sub already mounted in a sealed box. It definately takes up quite a bit of room, oh well. Good looking out though, thanks bro.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.