New WRX owner...help with sub - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New WRX owner...help with sub within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; sorry for the delay of pics i just got the h.u. in 2 days ago and still have the sub ...

sorry for the delay of pics i just got the h.u. in 2 days ago and still have the sub and amp just sitting in my trunk un hooked up...
    my ex just sortof f***ed off leaving me with my daughter (which is much better than her having taken her)... so i havent had time for anything

but i'll do my best to get a couple pics of what i have so far tonight

head unit
    Pioneer of Canada - English - Pioneer CD Receivers

sub
    Infinity - Car Audio

amp
    Infinity - Car Audio

speakers (fronts, rears are same just 5.25 instead of 6.5)
    Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - GT-Series - GTx 662 Mk II

having had the h.u. and speakers in for only 2 days i can say its a rediculous improvement considering what i paid for it...the speakers are the bottom end blaupunkts and they are running off deck power... however there will be a lot of tweaking involved to get them sounding just right (tweakability is pioneers middle name) but i'm gonna wait till the sub's hooked up for that.

-ALex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

okie dokie here they areee...
    head unit looks great in there as if its meant to be but the blue lights are a bit bright and dont match the green scheme of the interior lighting but they still look nice.
    i'll porbly have the sub hooked up sumtime this week so i'll report on sound then!

-Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC130019.jpg   PC130020.jpg   PC130018.jpg   PC130021.jpg   PC130024.jpg  

PC130023.jpg   PC130026.jpg   PC130029.jpg   PC130030.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mexicanzero View Post
    okie dokie here they areee...
    head unit looks great in there as if its meant to be but the blue lights are a bit bright and dont match the green scheme of the interior lighting but they still look nice.
    i'll porbly have the sub hooked up sumtime this week so i'll report on sound then!

-Alex
    looking good man. I think I will prob just upgrade the door speakers with a new HU and an amp and how see how that turns out.

thats definitely a great start... a lot of people dont need a sub

just the headunit and speakers were an amazing improvement (i'd say better than the majority of stock sound systems except for higher end cars with high end systems) and amping them on top of that will make them that much better.

i'll eventually amp my door speakers but i dont have the money right now

good luck! know which speakers/am/h.u. you'll go with yet?

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by mexicanzero View Post
    thats definitely a great start... a lot of people dont need a sub

just the headunit and speakers were an amazing improvement (i'd say better than the majority of stock sound systems except for higher end cars with high end systems) and amping them on top of that will make them that much better.

i'll eventually amp my door speakers but i dont have the money right now

good luck! know which speakers/am/h.u. you'll go with yet?

-Alex
    Well I want to make sure I do it right so I am planning on putting some Alpine Type-Rs on all the doors and power them with an Alpine PDX 4x100. I am not quite sure with the HU yet but I will prob go with a Pioneer Avic if I have enough money. I am still saving for it, so far I got the speakers and amp covered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12