Need help with 2 options

This is a discussion on Need help with 2 options within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hello, I am having trouble with my amp selections and what to do. Option #1 Head Unit: Pioneer - DEH-P410UB ...

Question Need help with 2 options

Hello,

I am having trouble with my amp selections and what to do.

Option #1
    Head Unit: Pioneer - DEH-P410UB

Front Speakers - Infinity 6030cs -- 90RMS @ 2 ohm
    Rear Speakers - Infinity 652.9i -- 75RMS @ 2 ohm
    Subwoofer - Rockford P3D412 -- 150-500RMS (but I am confused because you can wire at either 2 or 4 ohm, so at what is the rating at - 500RMS @ 2ohm or 500RMS @ 4ohm??)

Front Amp - Kicker 08ZX200.2 - 100RMS @ 2 ohm
    Rear & Sub - Kicker 08ZX550.3 - 2 ohm RMS: 85x2, 420x1....or depending on the sub being 4 ohm, 210x1 @ 4 ohm.

Wiring kits: Kicker CK8
    Rockford RFK4X

Option #2
    Head Unit: Pioneer - DEH-P410UB

Same speakers and subwoofer as Option #1.

Amps: Rockford R300-4 -- 75RMS @ 2ohm
    or Pioneer GM-6400F -- 75 RMS @ 2ohm (leaning toward the Rockford)

Rockford R500-1 -- 320RMS @ 4ohm, 500RMS @ 2ohm (depends on the subwoofer at 2 or 4ohm)
    or Alpine MRP-M500 -- 300RMS @ 4ohm, 500RMS @ 2ohm
    Leaning toward the Alpine only because it is a Class D amp, Rockford is AB...which would be the better of the two

Wiring kits: Kicker CK44 -- 4 channel kit
    Kicker CK4 -- 1/2 channel kit

Of the 2 options which would you choose and why. I am more leaning toward the Option 2 but would Option 1 be a better choice??

Thank you for your help. I don't think I will be running the amps at 100% but around 80% so they will last longer but that could always change. Again thank you for your help.

Brent

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'd do the second option that way all the speakers are powered by the same amp. it'll probably lead to more balanced sound, i would think.
    and i've always been a fan of a dedicated sub amp since it will be the one working the hardest.
    go for the class d amp for the sub and as for the mains i've had great experiences with both pioneer and r.f. for amps so go with price i guess.

sounds like it will be a killer setup anyways
    rock on!

-ALex