2008-2010 subs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2008-2010 subs? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have a 08 sedan and i really want to throw a couple 12's in it but im iffy on ...

2008-2010 subs?

I have a 08 sedan and i really want to throw a couple 12's in it but im iffy on the trunk space because ittl be all gone . Anybody have any pictures of their 2008-2010 sedans with 2 12's or any subs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wonder if the WRX's are prewired for the subs under the seat...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Sedan Owners - Perfect Fit Enclosure is being developed!!

08 Sedan Owners - Perfect Fit Enclosure Idea's & Feedback Wanted! - NASIOC

There's a few pics in the Nasioc thread. The enclosure only fits a 10" unfortunately but looks like a nice piece!

I had a set of 12's in my magnum and pulled'em out when I switched to the rex. I have the same problem! I would never put them in the trunk because there would be no trunk left...
    -Stink-Eye Mob #999-

2008 WRB WRX, Rally Armor Mud-flaps, ERZ Catless 3" exhaust, Tsudo DP, COBB AP (Stage 2)

Quote Originally Posted by catsfan222 View Post
    I had a set of 12's in my magnum and pulled'em out when I switched to the rex. I have the same problem! I would never put them in the trunk because there would be no trunk left...
    Yeah I also had 2 12's but I cut back to 1 when I got the Rex. 2 would absolutely not fit in the trunk. Even the 1 in the back of my car takes up 40% of the trunk space.... it sucks!

Sub

2008 WRX Premium-Sedan, WRB, Invidia DP, SPT CBE, VF-52, TGV Deletes, Walbro F/P, Stg 2 CAMTuned, Pink springs, Whiteline Sways, Brembos F/R, RPF1, Star Specs, Pioneer/Alpine/JL, Kartboy SS/Bushings, Leather Seats and JPM Coachworks Boots, DAMD flat bottom steering wheel, Grimspeed M/C brace,TRS HID Retrofit.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Why so many 12s? Too much bass IMO. Get one good JL Audio 10W6....sounds way better that 2 12s. JL Audio actually has a product called "Stealthbox" and they take up virtually no room in your trunk. Unfortunately they dont make them for '08+ Imprezas.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

as you guys can probably tell i really like my bass! how do you guys like your single 12's and what do you guys have? i want a lot of bass and im not too sure if i can get what i want out of one 12

Quote Originally Posted by titob13 View Post
    as you guys can probably tell i really like my bass! how do you guys like your single 12's and what do you guys have? i want a lot of bass and im not too sure if i can get what i want out of one 12
    I have had my Kenwood sub in every car i've ever owned and it's run on an 800Watt Kenwood amp. Its not a great system but it gets the job done. I got the sub using my graduation money from high school a LONG time ago... and now I'm 23 years old so I have it tuned WAY down. I like the small added bass, so it gets the job done for me. I'm sure you would be fine with a newer 12" sub... mine is very out-dated and it's still loud when it's turned up Lol.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you want want a lot of bass but are concerned with clearance issues, get 2 10" subs. They sound better IMO anyway since I listen to a lot of rock and 10"s pick up a lot better on quicker beats than 12"s.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 08SubieWrx View Post
    I have had my Kenwood sub in every car i've ever owned and it's run on an 800Watt Kenwood amp. Its not a great system but it gets the job done. I got the sub using my graduation money from high school a LONG time ago... and now I'm 23 years old so I have it tuned WAY down. I like the small added bass, so it gets the job done for me. I'm sure you would be fine with a newer 12" sub... mine is very out-dated and it's still loud when it's turned up Lol.
    Speakers don't get outdated anymore. They are really old archaic technology. They might get blown though...
    -Stink-Eye Mob #999-

2008 WRB WRX, Rally Armor Mud-flaps, ERZ Catless 3" exhaust, Tsudo DP, COBB AP (Stage 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    If you want want a lot of bass but are concerned with clearance issues, get 2 10" subs. They sound better IMO anyway since I listen to a lot of rock and 10"s pick up a lot better on quicker beats than 12"s.
    +1

Just buy this one......

JL Audio HO110RG-W3v3 Subwoofer systems

or this one.......

JL Audio HO210G-W3v3 Subwoofer systems

both sound phenominal, I have the signal 10" and its more than enough bass for me. Jl makes a great product.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

If you want ridiculous bass then here is your option but forget trunk space and prepare you credit card............

JL Audio CLS112RG-W7 Subwoofer systems
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catsfan222 View Post
    Speakers don't get outdated anymore. They are really old archaic technology. They might get blown though...
    That makes me feel a little better then! I thought I was rockin an old school 5 year old sub but maybe it's not as bad as I thought! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    If you want ridiculous bass then here is your option but forget trunk space and prepare you credit card............

JL Audio CLS112RG-W7 Subwoofer systems
    900 is intense. haha im going to go with one 12. still up in the air about what brand. Im leaning towards a Kicker L7 anybody have anything to say on that one? any more suggestions? thanks guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast