Double Din GPS Stereo! HElp! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Double Din GPS Stereo! HElp! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by allztate why cant you people just answer his question... WHAT DVD HEAD UNIT SHOULD HE GET THAT ...

Quote Originally Posted by allztate View Post
    why cant you people just answer his question... WHAT DVD HEAD UNIT SHOULD HE GET THAT CONTAINS THE GPS FEATURES HE WANTS...
    instead of playing a psychiatrist and telling what he wants and needs... you people are corny
    this thread is almost a month old...did you even read all the posts...its been answered.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

all the talk about prices is nuts though. where do you guys get your stuff? Some of ya are paying too much.. searching around a little more will save your wallets a beating .

the dd Pioneer AVIC-F700BT (same unit I have in my dash right now) is going for right around $300 ( kinda stings, cuz I bought mine two years ago for $540.. and that was still $300 UNDER list at the time)

it wont do dvd's..has a standard disk drive (cd, cdr, cdrw etc) however I've tested it with mpeg4's right off the sd card and it works great, I was so amused I watched half of oceans 11 in my driveway . will probably work from the ipod or usb interface just as well. The maps are decent and the gui/menu selection is pretty intuitive .. though not as simple as my $150 garmin nuvi.. the nuvi doesn't do bluetooth or play music for me

There are newer units out but again more $$ and really why spend top lute for brand new when a month from now something else will be out thats "newer/better/faster" all the while doing exactly the same thing.

could always just quit ****in around and build a carputer.. a mini ITX mobo, 12v powersupply with soft shut down, they make cases that will fit inside a single din slot, touch screens that will fit a double din hole and you can run any feckin program you want depending on os choice. On that note if you want to get really sick you could use a usb air card and have mobile internet access too. If you live in a primarily 3g area you can stream any music you want.

when I priced this Idea out it was around $600-$800 depending on options.. I'm still thinking about doing it. Its very much within easy reach if your half way computer savvy
    Last edited by mangostick; 12-26-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234