Double Din GPS Stereo! HElp! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Double Din GPS Stereo! HElp! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by economatic There definitely are some good single din HUs in terms of features but you'll likely lose ...

Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    There definitely are some good single din HUs in terms of features but you'll likely lose the clean factory look. I have a suspicion that the double din units have a large mark-up for that reason (but it could also be the extra cost associated with a touch screen). If you're flexible and patient there are plenty of good deals out there...or if you're unwilling to comprise then expect to pay lots of $$$ (like I did).

If you dont want lots of mark up then buy Pioneer, I see the dealer costs daily on all DD product and trust me Pioneer has a tiny margin compared to Alpine or JVC!!!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    Oh and I did have everything its just we did the install over 2 days, believe me I dont ever cheap out like that. its a waste of time lol
    But you amped the stock speakers.... Why not just replace them?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    But you amped the stock speakers.... Why not just replace them?
    Did you not read the rest of my post?????? I changed them out the next day.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers

Its simple, either buy a Pioneer AVHP4100DVD and a Garmin Nuvi 260W and save massive cash or go all out and buy the Pioneer AVICZ110BT, by far the best navigation DD on the market. Trust me I run a car audio department!

Oh and if you have the Premium sound system in the car, add an amp first before changing out the speakers. When we did the installation on my 09 it was done over 2 days, the first day was DD and amp then the next day the speakers / subs etc and tbh the sound quality was very good after just adding the deck and amp. Obviously its not aftermarket speaker quality but most people would be happy with it.

Just my 2 cents lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you not read the rest of my post?????? I changed them out the next day.
    I can't read...

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I can't read...
    lol... I wasnt trying to sound like an ass btw!

honestly though you would be surprised what the factory speakers can do

I Support ClubWRX
    lol... I wasnt trying to sound like an ass btw!

honestly though you would be surprised what the factory speakers can do
    Oh I know...But I just misread what you were saying. Factory speakers are never good. I never keep factory speakers...ever.

Oh I know...But I just misread what you were saying. Factory speakers are never good. I never keep factory speakers...ever.
    same here, especially working with amazing car audio everday I could never stand factory systems!

I Support ClubWRX
    same here, especially working with amazing car audio everday I could never stand factory systems!
    I've yet to hear an aftermarket system that sounds as incredible as an M car's factory sound system... that is incredible. 13 speakers, and the most incredible sound dampening... all I can say is "Wow"
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I've yet to hear an aftermarket system that sounds as incredible as an M car's factory sound system... that is incredible. 13 speakers, and the most incredible sound dampening... all I can say is "Wow"
    I don't buy cars for a factory sound system though

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Thats maybe the best stock system but have you ever actually heard a properly designed and installed aftermarket system made purely for sound quality??

Not just some guy who put ten subs in the back of his car?? Ive helped design and install some incredible system and there is no way a factory audio system can compete.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thats maybe the best stock system but have you ever actually heard a properly designed and installed aftermarket system made purely for sound quality??

Not just some guy who put ten subs in the back of his car?? Ive helped design and install some incredible system and there is no way a factory audio system can compete.
    Just out of curiosity...what speakers did you use in your 09? I know that my 06 has clearance issues for the door speakers so you either need to get spacers or some of the MB Quartz.

why cant you people just answer his question... WHAT DVD HEAD UNIT SHOULD HE GET THAT CONTAINS THE GPS FEATURES HE WANTS...
    instead of playing a psychiatrist and telling what he wants and needs... you people are corny

Quote Originally Posted by allztate View Post
    why cant you people just answer his question... WHAT DVD HEAD UNIT SHOULD HE GET THAT CONTAINS THE GPS FEATURES HE WANTS...
    instead of playing a psychiatrist and telling what he wants and needs... you people are corny
    Because we can logically assume that since the OP drives a Subaru he is on a budget so we are offering insight to get him more bang for his buck. If money was not an issue then the solution would be easy:call Crutchfield or go to some other retail store and say I want these features and buy the HU without a concern for price.

Quote Originally Posted by allztate View Post
    I think we already answered this in a previous post did we not??

I suggested the AVHP4100DVD and buy a Garmin or go all out with an AVICZ110BT.

We are simply evolving this thread to include some additional information, I would hardly call it corny.

Anyways.... I used JLC2s, they have great sound quality a silk dome tweeter and they are nice and shallow. In the front door I used some modified Alpine Type R speaker brackets to mount them solidly to the doors. It took a lot of time but was well well worth it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast